Another HP guestamate!

CDQICKGT

Jan 25, 2006
fort hood, tx
My current set-up is a B cam, gt40 upper/lower, stock heads with SVO 1.6 rockers, and hedman headers(shorties). I dont know what im making now but in a month or so i wanna try this combo, let me know what you think.

Ported GT40 upper/lower
ported GT40 heads
same 1.6 rockers with new rods and lifters W/ trick flow spings (.600 lift)
Comp Xtreme energy 274hr-12
274/282 advertised duration

224/232 duration @ .050"

.555/.565 lift With 1.6 Rocker Arms

112° lobe seperation angle

2200-6200 RPM operating range
This will all be using the same headers, offroad H thru flows(might switch to slp loudmouth)
T5 with mongoose clutch and 4.10's out back.
also a aeromotive FPR.

Anyone used that cam? Im wondering if i will have any PTV clearance problems.
Let me know what you guys think before I start ordering stuff.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

that's a pretty big cam for a mild 302.......are you gonna be running stock pistons? You can only be sure about PTV by actually checking it. Why not go with something like the 264HR cam with a .512 lift

Yeah it will be a stock bottom end. I dont want something that wont be streetable, cause my car is driven often but hardely see's track time. Im looking for a great low end cam that will be good 6200-6300. I want a nice lope at idle to. I hate the B cam i have now. seems like its just enough cam to jack with the idle and not do much else. im definetly open to ALL suggestions, as i want to get the most bang for my buck while retaining streetability.

I hate the B cam i have now. seems like its just enough cam to jack with the idle and not do much else.

Well it probably isn't doing much else b/c of the stock heads. If it were mine I'd ditch the GT40/Comp cam idea, get some Trick Flow heads and stick with the B cam or go with a Trick Flow stage one cam. My old 89 had a stage one, 4.10's, with an explorer intake and it had more then enough torque below 4K to let me merge whenever I wanted to. Plus with the stage one cam you run a much lower risk of PTV problems. I think you are going to run into trouble with that Comp cam.

The Trickflow kit is a good options and comes with a lot of parts for the money. Ive used it for customers on a budget a few times and been very happy with the results....

I would go AFR185, Holley or RPM II intake and a custom cam personally...however it adds up quick with all the small parts needed and will be 500-600 more easily then the TFS set-up.