Another If you Had 6,000 to Spend Questions?

mustangman9812

10 Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Mars Hill, NC
I currently have 6,000 dollars to spend on my 98 Mustang GT Automatic. Mods are in sig. I would at least like to do a forged bottom end. I only have 6,000 dollars and want to get every ounce of power out of that but not going over 6,000 tune and all.

Lets hear the setups :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

since you asked.....I wouldn't spend 6k on a 98 mustang unless I had everything else that I wanted in my life. Sounds like you have some good mods already. $6k in mods is probably close to what the car is worth, and will add very little value to it.

But if you really have to.....I'd PI it....KB it....tune it...and be done.

I wouldnt spend it on that car. If you wanna spend it on a car use it as a down payment on a Mach1 or an '03 Cobra or any number of other nicer, newer, faster used cars.

Or pay off debt and save for the next model stang (assuming its not as fat and fugly as the 05)

But what if he already has this car paid off? If it's in good condition, 6 grand can bring that car a far way ahead, especially if works on the car himself. If he gets around 300hp to the wheels, aluminum drivetrain parts, gears, and a little suspension, he should be able to put very good numbers down.