Another issue with my 2000 DD.

FordStang

Founding Member
Sep 19, 2002
Orange Park, FL
Well about a week ago I posted about my rear caliper/hose leaking break fluid. Well since ive been checking brake fluid often, now I noticed some oil sitting in the little valley I guess you can call it on top of where the water pump bolts onto the front of the motor. I have a side angle shot that I took of the oil. Oh and I wiped up the oil and in two days later it is back. So my question is where would this oil be coming from. Checked valve covers ect nothing. It looks like its leaking from behind where the water pump bolts up.
This is my 2000 DD which is a V6....not a 4.6.............just posted in V6 forum too but figure maybe their are more techs over here. Thanks!

Attachments

• oil leak1.jpg
    oil leak1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 80
  • Sponsors (?)

Clean it up and and restart your engine for a while, you should be able to tell where its coming from after about an hour of idling. What does it if feel like, what does it smell like, more info please. It could be a combination of fluids it also could be just oil, from your picture it looks to brown to be just oil. Now that I think about it, it could be dirty coolant.

No dirty coolant here, just replaced water pump and coolant like 2 months ago. I cleaned it up two days ago and it took two days for it to get like that. So not sure if letting it idle for an hr will get me any info. My question is that is there any part oil can leak from or known to be leaking from in that area of the motor? Thanks