Another Mach 460 Q: Any way to splice in an ipod jack?

• Sponsors (?)

Or you can spend like $130-$170ish for a "great" IPod interface that hooks up just the same??:nice:
And if you read most are not compatable with the Mach system.

But a damn good one has been posted several times already that is compatible and for about $80.

I had it in my car with the 460 6 disk. And you dont lose cd function, or have to plug or unplug the harness. You hit a button twice and have your AUX input. Worked awesome and even full blast the sound clarity was great. I don't understand why you are saying people don't know what they are talking about. I only had this setup in my car for 4 years. :shrug:

I had a thread with pics and info on my install. But it was so long ago I can't find it in a search

Edit: I found it but I guess I deleted the pics. I made a note that my radio code listed on the back was 815 and that the unit worked with it. This was an 03 gt with Mach 460. I'm pretty sire you are good to go.

Fark it...ordered it yesterday...we'll see if it works tomorrow when I get it. Overnighted the son of a bitch cause I'm sick and frickin tired of listening to Lady Gaga And Kesha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARARARARARARARRARARARARARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

STOP!!!! This does not work with my stereo.:mad: Lot of money down the drain. The harness is not even close to be right. Will not work in my F150 either. Does this look like the back of your guys stereos? I have 2 of these headunits and they are exactly the same. Could they have put the wrong harness in the package maybe?
IMG00474.jpg

IMG00476.jpg

IMG00478.jpg

STOP!!!! This does not work with my stereo.:mad: Lot of money down the drain. The harness is not even close to be right. Will not work in my F150 either. Does this look like the back of your guys stereos? I have 2 of these headunits and they are exactly the same. Could they have put the wrong harness in the package maybe?
IMG00474.jpg

IMG00476.jpg

IMG00478.jpg

That harness doesn't look like the right one at all.

Now I am gonna have to look through my pics and see if I have one.

Could they have put the wrong harness in the package maybe?
IMG00474.jpg

][/QUOTE]

That's not the right harness. I found a pic of mine.

The connectors are more square and one is white. With this harness, it hooked up perfectly fine.

[img]http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/62927d1276833062-another-mach-460-q-any-way-splice-ipod-jack-dsc00262.jpg?stc=1

Attachments

• DSC00262.JPG
    DSC00262.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 214
Damn, I ordered the FRDN03-AUX and that's what I got. What I needed was the FRDN-AUX. I guess that's my fault for not double checking the internet pics at logjam with the back of my stereo.

:bang::fuss: man that totally sucks hopefully you can get your $ back?

iPod Car Stereo - Studio711 - Ben Martens

This is a link to a little more info on what you might need? I can't seem to find a seller of them though:shrug: Crutchfield has discountinued them ? But? Who? Knows? :shrug:

YouTube - iPod Connected to my 2003 Cobra That was cool but what was with all the glitches the 1 and 2 blinking? And the should have had the display match track # and stuff? The control's on the radio work's the ipod :nice:

Damn, I ordered the FRDN03-AUX and that's what I got. What I needed was the FRDN-AUX. I guess that's my fault for not double checking the internet pics at logjam with the back of my stereo.

Damn. I think I stated frdn03-aux too.

Funny part is you go fo frdn-aux and it says does not work with Mach 460....but it does. :shrug::shrug:

I have a hardwired audiovox fm modulator in my SVTF and it does not suck ass. Its so close to CD quality. No static at all.
:hail2: :nice:

That's exactlly what i use? When the Audiovox box is turned on it cut's off the factory radio ant. and splices in clean sounding RCA input's

:nice: :hail2:

Hopefully more catch on and stop dick'n with atrillion other modules that "plug right in" ooo wait wrong plugs :shrug:

Hope you get the right module Ateup? sounds like they would swap it back with the right one?