gen5Camaro4.jpg

5thgen5.jpg

0309phr_5camaro05_z.jpg

0409phr_camaro_13_z.jpg

nextgencamaro.jpg

Gen5_07.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

bimmertech said:
retro=played out. would much rather have any one of those than the pile of crap they are passing off as the new mustang.

Really? Well, word has it that the new Camaro will be a FWD 4 door car. And the Chevelle also. Why not?..... Chevy's already converting EVERYTHING they have into FWD cars .......

I like the 1st one & the blue SS one ..... but I don't think they're near as sexy as the new Stang.

SeventyMach1 said:
Really? Well, word has it that the new Camaro will be a FWD 4 door car. And the Chevelle also. Why not?..... Chevy's already converting EVERYTHING they have into FWD cars .......

I like the 1st one & the blue SS one ..... but I don't think they're near as sexy as the new Stang.
everything i've heard is it will be a holden platform--new gto. they also have the new zeta platform which is rwd and all the new caddy's are going rwd. i have faith i will wear a bowtie once again.

SeventyMach1 said:
I've heard that one as well. I hope so. I would love to see a '07 Camaro SS going head on with an '07 Shelby Stang. The days of old .....

BTW, another rumor is that they will go with the LS2 .... :banana:
i know it, jsut wait until the masses(non-vette) get ahold of the ls2, i'm sayin 500rwhp on the stock longblock.

nmcgrawj said:
The only reason i LOVE this one is that it reminds me of the Bentley coupe(cant think of the name). :drool:

I think they were going for the 70 or 71 Camaro look, but they severely failed. But if it has a 454 under the hood, who gives a $h*t, lol.

That 454 smallblock (the new LS6) sounds like a good candidate .......

bimmertech said:
everything i've heard is it will be a holden platform--new gto. they also have the new zeta platform which is rwd and all the new caddy's are going rwd. i have faith i will wear a bowtie once again.

I heard that the zeta platform is scratched. Somewhere in one of my mags...here it is... MotorTrend August edition

I'll type it out, word for word

General Motors plan for a rear drive Buick Velite senda, convertible, or anything else are officially dead. The murder also affects any rear drive Chevy Coupe, Camaro, Chevelle, or otherwise. While development of a new Zeta platform was scaled back months ago, the decision to pull the plug on these new cars is much more recent. The ONLY sub cadillac/Corvette rear drive car going forth (beside pontiac solstice and saturn sky) is the next gen GTO expected for the 2008 year.

GM Sources say Holden's Zeta rear drive platforms aren't refined enough for rear drive buicks and and chevy's to compete with the mercedes based chrysler and dodge lx models or any other modern competitor. Cadillac's Sigma platform, meanwhile, is too expensive for GM's mainstream brands.

:nice:

Much better retro-styling than the Mustang. I swear, every time I see one it gets uglier and uglier.

I think it's stupid too, in 50 years no one will be like "I own a 2005 Mustang that looks like a 1967 Mustang only uglier!"

I don't know who came up with this fad, I think they just ran out of ideas for "new" cars. In the 60's and 70's you didn't see anyone carmakers making awesome Model T retro cars.

Kevin R. said:
Much better retro-styling than the Mustang. I swear, every time I see one it gets uglier and uglier.

I think it's stupid too, in 50 years no one will be like "I own a 2005 Mustang that looks like a 1967 Mustang only uglier!"

I don't know who came up with this fad, I think they just ran out of ideas for "new" cars. In the 60's and 70's you didn't see anyone carmakers making awesome Model T retro cars.

I agree. But it is the second muscle(if thats what u call all these high HP cars) car era so i guess resorting back to the time of the first one might be a good idea. Only sales will show...

I would have rather seen the mustang EVOLVE instead of going back into time. Hopefully this will only last 2-3 years and they will snap out of it and go back to HORIZONTAL LIGHTS! :D

Lyncher said:
the continental gt :nice:

Yea thats it :hail2: