Another new DD

Well I went and sold the VW golf to my neice (just graduated) since she loved that car. So I went and looked at a 1996 Mitsu Eclipse GS-t Vert. I dont care for verts since I sold my last Eclipse, however the price she is asking is very good.

Here's the low down, it's bone stock, 159k freeway miles, new paint, new tires, new brakes, 53k miles on new 5 speed tranny. I'm going to take a look at it this evening, i'm offering her 3k since she has to move it ASAP. My only concern with it is 1. it's a vert, and I dont care for verts, and 2. the mileage, especially since the tranny was rebuilt. I still may end up buying it, so I can turn it for more money, but i'm a little concerned with the mileage. She said she has full maintenance records, so we'll see. If I buy it i'll post some pics.

I also am selling my 94 cobra (again) and possibly the 04 cobra. I want to build my FF cobra and possibly looking to buy a Shelby. We'll see.

• Sponsors (?)

Factory 5....:hail2:. Another car that is on the "build someday" list. its right behind the 32 3window and 37 ford sedan that are a dead tie for 1st. I would love to do any of the top 3.

congrats and good luck with the DSM...by little brother had a matalic maroon GS spyder last year before the newest body change. Ok car did not care for it much though. It was between the mustang I have now and a Talon TSI...the mustang was my first choice and I went with it.

I'm putting the Engine from my 98 into it, i'm also looking for a 03-04 cobra independant rear end, and t56; since I do not want to use the 98's solid rear, or t45 5 speed. Thats why I'm selling off that stuff. I was going to use my cobras brakes, but have decided to go with larger brembos, or wilwood's.

The engine is finally out, now its time to take it apart, I am also looking for fr500 heads, the stroker kit and balancing (as well as the other stuff) that I want for this motor is VERY EXPENSIVE..... To the tune of 6k, ouch.. and this is with me doing the actual rebuild (minus the machine work, sleeving, and balancing) so this is going to take a while. The FF car ran me 8k without brakes, guages or wheels (since I want different than what they offered). Paint work is going to be pretty inexpensive, but the paint itself is kinda pricey. All in all I'm looking at a 2-3 year project. Once it gets underway i'll be videotaping it and doing a how to.

Factory 5....:hail2:. Another car that is on the "build someday" list. its right behind the 32 3window and 37 ford sedan that are a dead tie for 1st. I would love to do any of the top 3.

congrats and good luck with the DSM...by little brother had a matalic maroon GS spyder last year before the newest body change. Ok car did not care for it much though. It was between the mustang I have now and a Talon TSI...the mustang was my first choice and I went with it.

FF is having a deal right now, and my friend with the exhaust shop does some trades with them. I am looking at the 4 piston system, with the 2 piston rear setup. The whole car should not exceed 2800 pounds (hopefully). So the brakes will be overkill, however the plan I have for it are overkill as well. It will not be just a DOHC 4.6, i'm still debating on which stroker i'm going with, but no matter what the displacement, it will rev to high hell.

If your using sn95 spindles on the 5, SSBC has a 4 piston caliper....:eek: that would be retarded sick.

4.6 DOHC would be cool to see.

8k new from factory 5 does not sound too bad.

Thanks for the heads up, it's got the DSM lifter tap, but I know all about that, since I already had a 98. Seafoam works wonders for the lifter tap, other than that the car runs and boosts great.

be careful with thoses mitsu.. they tend to start smoking after 100 k and always check for water stain with a vert and since its a 12 year old car...run a carfact on its vin..... gl bro