Another one has come ovver to the Dark Side.

stock50LX said:
:lol: :rlaugh:

First, your car did cost more than I paid for taxes. Can you say OREGON? No sales tax here.

Get a Grip! You are comparing a 1982 to 2006. Try comparing apples to apples. I was talking about what your car cost new and then its value now. Almost every car depreciates in value FROM NEW. At a certain point it turns around. Like a Boss 302 will be worth more than the original purchase price, same with a 1963 Split window Vette.

So, you dropped in a 351w at a cost of $1500 and you have not put ANY more money into it? How about your time working on it, what is that worth?

BTW... I don't care if your car is quicker. I bet your car has not met a gas station it did not like. Plus you do a long distance trip with your car, how sure are you that you will make it there and not want to kill yourself after. Your car may be quicker in a straight line, but how is it on a road course? Are you so sure you could beat me?

I am glad you like your car. I am talking about you making comments not based on facts

I think you still have a federal gas guzzler tax... :) Although I didn't notice where you were from, you seem to not notice where you are!

This was a real world comparison. An old Mustang you mod yourself (hot rod) vs a factory performance car. That is not the comparison you wanted, but it is the one you got. You are on a Mustang site dedicated to just that kind of activity.

I don't drive-on, or care about, road courses. I drag race.

As far as making comments without giving facts, I provided the numbers, those are facts. You just disregarded them as irrelevant, because those facts didn't support your conclusion. You must work for the Bush admin.

Like most people, you want a car and then try to find reasons to justify the purchase, but I am not going to help you do it. You are on a Mustang site, remember?!

We all know about depreciation. That happens with any NEW car. I am making a different point here. Buy a used Mustang, make it suit your needs and preferences and you can have a better car for the kind of driving-you-do than the factory makes, and it will cost less. Paradigm shift needed!

Just be certain that if you buy the overpriced thing, use it. Don't be a poser, like most Vette owners.
Man you need to relax a little bit, we understand you're proud that your car is an 11 sec ride N/A and that takes some mod work, but if you look around in the vette community you see people running stock 2002 Z06's to 11.8's plain stock with paper filter still. And then you see some modded machines that go 9's n/a as well, so just because you have a fast car it doesnt mean much.

Point is, you're trying to argue with people that already had mustangs and now own vettes, what do you think it led them to get a vette instead of a newer mustang?

BTW I have my eyes on another mustang, 89 SSC :D needs some love though.

• Sponsors (?)

stock50LX said:
PS How fast is this gal's 97 Mustang?

Stock...I hope you know I was just teasing about my mustang being so fast that I could smoke you and Rogue. I have driven Rogue's vette...it is very fast compared to mine....I go "real fast" in my dreams though...does that count? :lol:

Darkness said:
what do you think led them to get a vette instead of a newer mustang?

"I am 5'10" with 36" length legs. After riding or driving in a vette...then getting into my mustang...there is a big difference in comfort for me...my knees aren't all contorted....it is a noticeable difference in leg room....part of my reason for considering a vette purchase instead of one of the new mustangs. [/FONT][/FONT] :D

Janell said:
Stock...I hope you know I was just teasing about my mustang being so fast that I could smoke you and Rogue. I have driven Rogue's vette...it is very fast compared to mine....I go "real fast" in my dreams though...does that count? :lol:

My wife has a '97 GT and she is out of control: racing away from stoplights, trash talking the teens in their Hondas... You two can have a race.

stock50LX said:
My wife has a '97 GT and she is out of control: racing away from stoplights, trash talking the teens in their Hondas... You two can have a race.

Lucky man you are to have a wife that loves the car thing, huh? I drive my automatic like a stick and am guilty of some of the things your wife does...:D I have to be careful trashtalking in my town as it would be my luck I would be trash talking some of my former students....:rolleyes:

Also...says you live in University Place....is that in the area of the famous Dick's burger place?

Janell said:
Lucky man you are to have a wife that loves the car thing, huh? I drive my automatic like a stick and am guilty of some of the things your wife does...:D I have to be careful trashtalking in my town as it would be my luck I would be trash talking some of my former students....:rolleyes:

Also...says you live in University Place....is that in the area of the famous Dick's burger place?

My wife is a teacher too.

If Dick's is here, I have yet to find it. We are between Fircrest and the Puget Sound. The burger place may be in Fircrest.

ZeroCool said:
Ya'll can bite me! This is how I feel right now. I will apologize in the morning when I'm sober
kitty.jpg
:eek:

I think they're still waiting for your SORRY.:lol: