another possibility.... '84 GT350

undercnstrction

Nov 10, 2009
came across an ad this morning for an '84 GT350. i have not looked at it yet, only talked to the owner on the phone. it's still a 4-eye, but has '87 quarter windows and an '87 hatch. it has new edge mach one black leather power seats (installed and working), factory red rear seat (mint cond.), explorer power window controls, tucked wireing to motor, no dash (but has a '95 dash to go with the car), an '89 302 with TFS aluminum heads, TFS stage 1 cam (needs intake, carb, dizzy), has 1.7 roller rockers, new rings/bearings last year, BBK subframes, a cowl hood and pony wheels. all of this for the low low price of $2500.

how could i verify that it is indeed a gt350? it doesn't have the original motor or trans, so would that even be a concern for collectibility? can this "vintage" of fox be made to handle as well as the '87s. if i'm reading MMs site correctly, i could still use the road/track box with a couple of modifications? what about converting to 5-lug, 4 wheel disc? any hiccups there?

any opinions on this one?

• Sponsors (?)

i got pics from the owner of that car this morning in my email. no front shots but from the side it looks exactly like a white aero LX hatch. the body is is multiple shades of white. it looks pretty rough and would definitely need a fair amount of work to make it nice

after seeing the pics i wasn't too enthused abou it either....for the price. i would post up the pics but when i try to do so, it says i'm at my limit of pics. how do i get around that?

i found another car that i can pick up for about $3500 with a fully built 331, TKO trans, etc etc that is a complete car. or another car that looks to be in better overall condition with a 306 for about $3300. i may go that route and combine the good parts that i currently have from my car with the good parts from that car. not sure yet, still exploring different possibilities.

Get a photobucket account, upload pics to that, then use the