Roush Another Question

do-it

Nov 23, 2005
Jersey
I dont mean this as a dig but why so many on this board seem concerned with quarter mile times and how to make their car quicker in that venue? Seems to me, if Im going into 1/4 mile, I wont spend 25+ k on a car that is mainly for handling. Maybe Im missing something.

I understand drag strips are closer and cheaper. They are a good way to guage your launches and once your car is dialed in, you can tell what diff any perfomance upgrades may have made.

• Sponsors (?)

Because i love Saleen mustangs but i also like to drag race and like you said it is cheaper and closer. My situation i could drive 4 hours to go to a road course track and spend 90 dollars to race or i could drive 1hr 30min and pay 15 dollars to race at the drag strip.

do-it said:
I dont mean this as a dig but why so many on this board seem concerned with quarter mile times and how to make their car quicker in that venue? Seems to me, if Im going into 1/4 mile, I wont spend 25+ k on a car that is mainly for handling. Maybe Im missing something.

I understand drag strips are closer and cheaper. They are a good way to guage your launches and once your car is dialed in, you can tell what diff any perfomance upgrades may have made.

I used to think this very samething. Then I found that if Saleens were built for handling, why no IRS? a few bracing pieces does not make for a good handling car. You need to "upgrade" to get better then GT brakes, which are not very good in contrast. Saleens for the most part, have solid rearends. Drive a Mercedes, BMW, or a new Vette then compare handling....there is no comparision. I love the Saleen Mustang, as I still believe to this day they are the best looking car on the road for the dollar.

I definatly agree. But I'm a roadracer!!! so there is someone on here that does. just to let you know. Also I believe that saleen didn't put IRS on these cars because it weighs so much more than a solid rear end. Just my two cents..

Im learning alot...slowly. I see both sides. I guess I have been spoiled, my racing and track day history are all on bikes, there you can literally use same bike for street n track as long as track time comes first because of the tires and heat cycles etc. Racing was/is my passion and cost was why bikes became the choice. Its my hope I can at leaast do some track days with the Saleen but Im starting to see its not going to be as easy as it was with the bikes.

One the other side...since I have no real handling car history, I think Im driving an S7. I am amazed at how well the cars do handle.

What BMW and Mercedes handle better? I hope its their M series and stuff not their regular 325 and e model stuff...lol

Either way I love the car , the handling and accleration. A few more pounds of boost couldnt hurt.