Another reason not to street race

• Sponsors (?)

Exactly.
It's when your spouse (or anyone else you care about) is standing on that sidewalk and gets killed, or worse, brain damaged for life, then it's not so cool any more...

Most people don't even have the most basic driving skills, let alone the ability to handle a car like that. I've been driving for 20+ years, got my driver's license in Germany, never had an accident, been to numerous track schools, and I still don't think I can completely master my GT at it's absolute limits.
On the track, I can get close, on the street, I never go above about 6/10 of the limit of either the car or myself. I count on that 4/10 left over for when something goes wrong...

My father has street raced since he was young, and I do also. Until they give us a track here.. that's the only way to do it. :nice: Don't try to tell me I suck or I'm dumb... I've heard it all before.

This is why I never race any of the nuts who are always revving at me at every stoplight. 99.99% of the time it's a teenager in a ricer or a big redneck truck.
Most of the time it's a redneck truck with glass packs. They take off through the middle of town like there's no such thing as law enforcement.

I do all my rippin and roarin on the back roads away from driveways and intersections.

I'm not driving HOURS to go to a dragstrip. Wichita had a dragstrip... then they closed it down... "supposed" to be opening it back up soon... Still won't keep me from having a little fun at a stop light, or while going down the interstate.