Engine Another romeo or windsor

paintballpyro1

Jan 6, 2004
Michigan
I have a 96 gt(x vin) just trying to figure out what motor i have as i keep reading conflicting info. I counted valve cover holes(11) would mean romeo but i also have read that the windsor came in for 96+ mustangs and romeo stopped in 95?

Also ive been looking around for a used motor and have found a low mileage 2004 town car motor for $450, assuming that it is a windsor motor do i have to change anything around motor wise? i do want to do cams(cms stg 2) and degree them but would i use a bolt on cam gear or find cams with them pressed on already?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 96 gt(x vin) just trying to figure out what motor i have as i keep reading conflicting info. I counted valve cover holes(11) would mean romeo but i also have read that the windsor came in for 96+ mustangs and romeo stopped in 95?

Also ive been looking around for a used motor and have found a low mileage 2004 town car motor for $450, assuming that it is a windsor motor do i have to change anything around motor wise? i do want to do cams(cms stg 2) and degree them but would i use a bolt on cam gear or find cams with them pressed on already?

Romeos were put in all Ford cars except for a short period around 2000 when the supply of Romeo V8s dried up due to a fire at the REP.

WEP production was slated for trucks but were shared with cars during that short period of time.

An 04 car will have a Romeo.

Romeos were put in all Ford cars except for a short period around 2000 when the supply of Romeo V8s dried up due to a fire at the REP.

WEP production was slated for trucks but were shared with cars during that short period of time.

An 04 car will have a Romeo.

Wow very interesting fact.

Cool, so cams should be bolt on cam gear then? Im just excited that this year i have enough $$ saved to get my motor and cams soon. Its been a tease of only able to drive around the block but not the roads cause of the engine breaking up bad under load or above 3k but not bad for the 195k ive put on it.

Cool, so cams should be bolt on cam gear then? Im just excited that this year i have enough $$ saved to get my motor and cams soon. Its been a tease of only able to drive around the block but not the roads cause of the engine breaking up bad under load or above 3k but not bad for the 195k ive put on it.

Those are ALL your miles? WOW! Very nice!

Well got the car with 52k and then put the rest on it. Served pretty well with how i drive it haha. It still runs and drives but ive replaced fuel filter,injectors,plug wires, spark plugs, coil packs and changed the tune back to stock and still cant get it running right so figured i got some money so might as well drop a newer motor in.