Another should I buy question

Detector

Dec 12, 2004
For me this ones seems to be more of a if it's accurate I'd be crazy not to buy.

I've been looking for a good project and came across this 1965 coupe for $2,000. It looks pretty solid and the interior looks redone or extremely nice. It also looks as if it's the early 65(1964 1/2) because I can see a switch on the master cylinder. I'm headed down today to pick it up if it's what the pictures show. What do you think? See anything that does look right?

Thanks

Driver%2520side%25202.jpg

Inside.jpg

Mustang%2520front.jpg

Passanger%2520side.jpg

Engine.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks.

Sent my nephew to pick it up this morning. Guess I'll find out more about it when it gets home. My nephew is pretty mustang savvy and knows what to look for. I told him to walk away if things aren't as the pictures would indicate.

The new pony got home last night and I was pretty happy. From what I can see it looks like it has 90,000 original miles. The title shows 89,380 back in 2003 when the guy I bought it from bought it and now it has 90,157. I'm try to find out about the engine because I'm sure it has been changed for some reason. It is a F code(260) and has the badge High Performance 260 on the drivers fender and also an alternator not a generator. It was built July 15(date code 15G) which I think would be a generator car right? It has the brake switch in the master cylinder. It is a PS car. The title say the guy I bought it from paid $8,500 back in 2005 when he bought it.

Everything looks solid with the exception of some bubbling on one of the quarter panels and a kick panel. Floor pans look good and the trunk as well. In fact in the trunk is all 4 original wire spinner hubcaps and the original trunk mat. Also in the glove box is the original owners manual. It fires right up but spits fuel out of the rotted fuel lines. I'm going to replace the fuel lines(rubber) today and see if it will fire and run.

Here is a few more pictures at home.

passfrnt.jpg

int2.jpg

int3.jpg

drvrear.jpg

It looks really good!

Where are the horns located? If on the top front of the radiator support, it is a '65 and if down in the engine compartment between the engine and the radiator, it is a '64-1/2.

Horns are down at the bottom between the radiator and engine.

Not sure exactly what happened, but the title shows he paid $8,500 for it in 2005.

Got a nice surprise when I opened the trunk. I was looking to make sure the 4th mag was in the trunk as I was told, and I found the 4 original hubcaps.

trunk1.jpg