Another Stang Adpoted

Macksta

Oct 4, 2004
Ok City
:SNSign:

New daddy of an 02 Black on black leather bone stock GT with 17k miles in perfect condition.

I need some advice here as i am currently spending money on this car and need help. before i go further let me say i have two thousand dollars a month to throw at this stock car and i want the good stuf. As stated the car was stock however since i have obtained possession i have installed a couple goodies such a steeda tri-ax shifter, and a JLT 4" Cold air intake.

I have purchased the Accufab 4.6 2v plenum with a 75mm TB and it is on its way here now. and i am thinking of purchasing the new typhoon intake to accommodate it bu ti would like to hear the readers thoughts and suggestions.

Now that the introduction is out of the way let me address the real issue here.

I can not figure out what exhaust i want to purchase. The Steeda Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust - GT - '99-'04 - looks like a good deal and it comes with high flow cat's. but how does that compare to mangnaflow offroad x-pipes with mil eliminators/ disable 02 sensors?

=============

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

With a 2k/month budget, you're car could be stupid fast before you know it!

If you want to stay N/A, Longtube headers, ported heads, and cams seems to give the best HP gains. Dont forget about gears! Most will say no less than 4.10's if staying N/A.

If you want to just skip right to the point, you could get a MPH mongoose supercharger kit for a little under 4k, and put out some good numbers too.

Exhaust is really subjective. Exhaust systems vary in HP so little on our cars, that most people just buy what they like the sound of. My current combo is flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers with an o/r H pipe, and I like it but I'm starting to want a different sound. You will get very mixed reviews here.

Forget about the typhoon; heard of too many issues. If you want an intake, get a P-51. But dont get an intake until after you upgrade your heads/cams.

Wow thats a nice budget to have. I just bought the mongoose kit and it was a great choice if your looking to go FI. If you don't want to deal with boost, heads/cams/tune will be a way to go. Add longtubes and some 4.10's and you'll be in business.

a little under/over two thousand per month is what i have to mod on. i had absolutely no credit so i was forced to buy what could be financed... i could have saved for a couple months and yada yada but i wanted one now and i could not pass up this piece of perfection..

Quote: Wow thats a nice budget to have. I just bought the mongoose kit and it was a great choice if your looking to go FI. If you don't want to deal with boost, heads/cams/tune will be a way to go. Add longtubes and some 4.10's and you'll be in business.

i am thinking of doing heads/cams/tune AND go FI on top of that

Thank you all for the reply. So what i got from this is longtubes must be the way to go as everybody is pushing long tubes on the reply's here.

I would like to document all the mods as then come and go so if everybody is interested i will start posting pics.

thanks so far... oh and i am going to buy the sct tuner... and have read something about the Sf version ohaving limitations. can somebody briefly tell me which tuner to buy so i will not but the wrong one =)
02 mustang GT