Another stanger lost to street racing

• Sponsors (?)

after all its a ford, you want to get crazy at 120 mph buy a bmw, audi, ferrari, lamborghini. even merc or lexus or inifnity or jaguar or cadillac dont cut it. Mustangs were designed for straight line track racing not on street, ive had all types of cars and i could take a right hand turn with my audi at 90mph and not spill my coffe cup without a lid while doing the same with the mustang at 30 feels like im going to roll over

after all its a ford, you want to get crazy at 120 mph buy a bmw, audi, ferrari, lamborghini. even merc or lexus or inifnity or jaguar or cadillac dont cut it. Mustangs were designed for straight line track racing not on street, ive had all types of cars and i could take a right hand turn with my audi at 90mph and not spill my coffe cup without a lid while doing the same with the mustang at 30 feels like im going to roll over

Same thing happens when anybody is dumb, or pushes it. It can happen to anybody, regardless of what car you own. Equating a street racing crash and a car brand is not good.

same thing happened to my 20yr old brother in his 00gt here in denver, nc. on october 25th 2009. was in a slight left hand curve at over 120mph and lost it hit a tree 12ft off the road at the same speed didnt have time to slow down, and wam. the car came apart in three peices, killed him instantly and my 16yr old cousin 2hrs later in the hospital. the hwy patrol couldnt give an exact speed, but to say he was at over 120mph. the car was in my name and registered to me, i went to the scrap yard to retreive personal affects, (man was that hard) but anyway i found the guage cluster amongst the rubble an and was showing 138mph. what the hell he was thinkin well never know. but we had good suspension parts in it and 17x9-17x10.5 03 cobra reps on it and descent tires, so yea it goes to show these cars dont take much for them do what they do.

Im sorry about that happening. At speeds over 100mph, you really should be a
professional or a highly skilled enthusiast, not something to take lightly. Theres too many variables
that can happen....... debri in the road, oil or water....off camber turns.
weather conditions.... Blow out.....the higher the speed the higher the odds of wrecking.

yep i tried to school him but, he was a typical arigant marine/jarhead. thought he was invincible. nah he was just out having fun just like the rest of us, hell im 29 and still my 260hp 97gt scares the hell out of me. i think he just got to comfy, ive always heard that you get to comfortible in a car or a bike you'll always get hurt. so im always on edge in my car though it dont matter if its 10hp or a 1,000hp if it goes fast enough it will kill you. thats what i always say, but hell thats my opinion.

heres some pics for ya:nono:
one is a shot of the passenger, and rear seats. notice the drivers seat is missing.
the other is the driver seat and the firewall and dash frame. hope its not to harsh but really ladys and fellas think before you wanna attempt to set a land speed record on the streets. he hit the passenger side before the front wheel, and it was like a can opener the tree just sliced diagnoly through the car. a 1/3 of that wheel is still lodged in the tree, it will take cutting the tree down to get it out.

Of all the places I've lived, they have the right idea here in Vegas by opening up the track around twice a month. If you have a license and insurance, for $10 you can run all the grudge matches you want in a controlled setting.

I know when you have >300 hp it's hard to stay cool sitting next to someone at a light who's willing to go, but you gotta keep it off the street.

yep i tried to school him but, he was a typical arigant marine/jarhead. thought he was invincible. nah he was just out having fun just like the rest of us, hell im 29 and still my 260hp 97gt scares the hell out of me. i think he just got to comfy, ive always heard that you get to comfortible in a car or a bike you'll always get hurt. so im always on edge in my car though it dont matter if its 10hp or a 1,000hp if it goes fast enough it will kill you. thats what i always say, but hell thats my opinion.

You seem pretty strong to go back to the car like that, if that had been one of my relatives I probaly couldn't stand up looking at the wreck!:mad:

Excessive speed, bad decision making, drag radials, all kinds of things lead to so much tragedy. I am glad I survived my youth and all the bad choices I made, thank God.

What a shame :(

well trombone it keeps me goin i guess im married 2kids and lifes gotta go on the way i see it. i have my moments but its all good though. yea the D/Rs i think were the main reason for him loosing control, the air temp was around 58deg, and pavement couldnt have been more then 63deg. october is mostly over cast and cool for most of the month, rarely gets above 70deg. the wreck happened @10:30 so it had plenty of time to cool down. but driving that speed is the main factor of the accident.

thats crazy man, sorry to hear, these cars are no joke none at all, you can never be too careful because in a split second everything could come to an end. Street racing is a no-no, thats why police enforce it so harshly as they should because look what happened in these 2 scenarios, very tragic!!