Another TCP G Bar exhaust picture

BarnStang

Founding Member
Mar 2, 2001
Hagerstown, MD
Here is a link to the whole album. Too much trouble to make another seperate album. Booze Brothers Racing in PA did the exhaust work. I was concerned about routing under the rear housing, but it looks like it turned out really nice. THere is clearance with the car on the lift, and about a good inch or more on the ground between the pipes the the rear.

Barnstang/Customer/67 Shelby Clone - Page 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• Sponsors (?)

Don't be too envious, this is a customers car and you would not believe what the bill is. Finally done. We charged the A/C today. My goal here is to show that the exhaust can be done to a high degree of quality with a TCP G bar installed. I know there was a lot of concern about taking the exhaust under the rear axle awhile back. It's certainly been a lot of work. Thanks for all the kind comments.

That looks very similar to how I had mine run. The only major difference that I did and something I would recommend is to put collectors at the back of the mufflers so that the tail pipes could be removed for rear end servicing. That car looks great! Nice work. :nice:

I hear ya. The only problem I seem to have is my car many time falls into that 1.3% range. If something is likely to go wrong it doesn't and if it doesn't seem likely then it will. Because of that I tend to plan for the worst and then hope for the best. :D

It's a nice car, but there's no subframe connectors? It won't drive much better than stock suspenison without them.

I understand there is a significant improvement from subframe connectors and that it will enhance all manner of handling; but to say that this setup is not going to be much better than stock can't be right.

I've bought subframe connectors (not installed) and have re-done my front and rear suspension (nothing like the TCP all a round job here) and it was a dramatic improvement.

Just my .02 cents

I understand there is a significant improvement from subframe connectors and that it will enhance all manner of handling; but to say that this setup is not going to be much better than stock can't be right.

I've bought subframe connectors (not installed) and have re-done my front and rear suspension (nothing like the TCP all a round job here) and it was a dramatic improvement.

Just my .02 cents

I guess you're right. Bad wording on my part. What is more correct to say is that it won't bring out the full potential of the suspension. A stiffer chassis will let the suspension do it's thing, and not fight the chassis flex.
My statement was based on my experience with me installing TCP front coil-overs and Rack & Pinion during a winter, then driving the car a week or so before I got the subframe connectors welded on. Only then did I notice the huge difference on how the car preformed. However, my recollection of how the stock suspension preformed wasn't up to date, because when I took the car out from winter storage, it had been 6 months since I last drove the car.