Another "What Mod to do Next" Thread!!! (tax refund)

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I'll be getting about $1000+ to spend on mods in the next few weeks. I am debating on what I should do. I know I need tires and a clutch, I plan on drag radials on back, cheapos on front, Spec Stage II in the bell, but I will still have plenty left over plus I can go over some because I am employed, so I can wait a few weeks if it would be worth it. What would you do with my car with these mods below in sig?

I am leaning to suspension upgrades because I really like my engine setup, but as far as the rest of the car goes, it's as squirley as an oak tree. I want to improve launch and handeling so I was thinking about MM lower controll arms and a panhard bar, as well as CC plates and springs or coil-overs which will run over budget, but I will save if I have to. Any other suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

I just ordered a MSD Pro-Billet for mine....been wanting one for some time...Next day delivery... :banana:

Good luck choosing....Its damn easy to piss away a grand... :D

Thanks for the replies.

The more I think about it, y'all are right, as well as I will get a set of slicks as well and mount them on two of my turbine wheels in the attic. I think I will try to buy the MM Rear Grip Kit which includes adj. lowers and panhard bar, which will help handeling and launching. Probally just some new bushings in the uppers and maby I'll box them and while I'm getting it welded, I'll do the torque boxes as well. I took a hard corner the other night and was reminded of how unstable the rear axel is, that's got to be fixed.

all of those really good ET's are from one thing and thats hard ass launches. id definately get some nitto's or bfg's for the street and mt 26x10.5 for the track. then id do mm adjustable upper and lower control arms, reinforce torque boxes, then save for an Eaton posi.

9 Deuce GT said:
What is your goal for the car?

The goal is just a kick arse street machine. I run at the drags whenever I can, but having the best ET isn't really that important to me. I don't run at any autoX or road courses but would like to, but can't because stock fox suspension doesn't handle well at all. That is why I was thinking of the MM rear grip package, the panhard bar would really stabalize the rear suspension, while the controll arms would help but would also help traction. Might even put the front swaybar back on there.

It really doesn't need a clutch yet, I might hold off on that so I can do more suspension work. When I do, I might go aluminum flywheel with Spec II clutch.

Haven't run the 1/4th yet, and haven't run the 1/8ths since quite a few mods. With stock fuel system, stock headers, stock 4 cat H pipe, and stock cam, not to mention other little upgrades I've only run in the 1/8th on regular street tires and get 8.6-8.8 ET's with right below 82mph trap speeds, the track I run at is old, everyone runs .2 better anywhere else, not sea level either. Not powershifting and launching off 1000rpm.

My biggest problem is that the more mods I do, the more I have to baby it to keep the tires on the pavement.