Another "Which intake" question.

I have a '94 GT with only pulleys, BBK O/R X-pipe, BBK L/T's, and Flowmasters. I want to get rid of the crappy intake hose thing that unfortunately came on our cars. I realized that I might as well get a new TB and intake too. Other than gears this is probably all that I will do to this car until my friend gets back from Wyotech and I get another. Anyway, here is the question: What MAS, TB, and intake do you all suggest? Money really isn't a problem. I am NOT going to be using any kind of forced induction and will be a daily driver. I am going to get the CAI that is always on e-Bay since my fabrication skills are like a 7-years olds. Thanks for the help guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Your choices with stock heads and no power adder are:

Cobra (looks nice when polished)
Edlebrock Performer (not RPM)
Trick Flow STREET heat. (also looks nice polished)
GT40

If you go with the Edle, you can change out the upper to an RPM and keep the lower if you do changed the heads.

For TB, BBK or FRPP.
For Meter, The ProM77 is nice, but for less $$ you can get the 80mm.

If you do the MAM, TB, and intake together, you will feel a nice power boost difference.
RC

What about the Accufab, I have heard good things about it? Is 70mm the size that is best for what I need? I am 99.9% sure I will NOT do a head swap so which upper/lower intake choice would be the best? I think I will just go with the GT-40 and be done with it. I couldn't find a Cobra for my '94 in Jeg's either which I thought was sort of strange.......

honestly, i wouldnt even bother with a MAF right now. Wait until you get larger injectors and need a new MAf for the larger injectors. I ran my times with a stock MAF, so its not like you need an aftermarket one to make some power. You could probably even stick with the stock tbody as well. There are alot of cars out there running great times with the stock tbody.

As far as intake choices, i say go either trickflow street heat, or edelbrock performer.

You could always make a CAI outa pvc pipe and paint it black, or whatever color you would like. Its very simple to do.

Agree with above, but if you REALLY want to change, and you dont think you'll be doing much more than that, you can get the intake, TB, and MAM calibrated for 24's, and get 24# injectors. Unless you have a programmer unit, you dont want to take out the MAM and spend another $75 to recalibrate it.

Good luck
RC

The guy who is doing all my work told me mine is a turd. I don't really have a problem getting it now opposed to replacing a little down the road. A side note: I am having some trouble finding the Edlebrock Performer upper/lower. All I am finding is the RPM. Besides the intake itself I just need the TB adapter to bolt it on right?

swingline said:
No dice on e-Bay I tried that last night. I am actually looking at the TrickFlow setup because the price is pretty reasonable. Check out this link and tell me if this is what you were talking about: http://www.mustangwarehouse.com/mustang_1.mvc?p=TFS-51500001&Category_Code=TF

If so I think I will pick that up. Only TB adapter I could find for it though was a 75mm one.......

I'd be careful dealing with Mustang Warehouse, do a search on them in some of the forums, they aren't too popular around here.

I had never heard of them either. I almost always go through Jeg's or Summit simply because I know what kind of service and parts I am going to get. I was just using that pic as an example to ask if that is what LaserRC was talking about. Does TrickFlow make a TB adapter for our cars?

Since you will not be changing heads, the cheapest way to get a very good HP increase is to port your stock lower intake. The stock lower intake is the biggest intake restriction and once corrected, the E7 head becomes the flow restriction. Since you say your skills are not that great, I could do it for $100 labor + shipping - $130-140 total. Other than that, I'd suggest a Cobra or Performer but they are considerably more. Passte the link in my sig for more info on the stock lower.