another "will this fit" thread

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
im getting ready to sell my old h pipe to a guy but i don't want to screw him over.. it and the mufflers were the only thing on the car when i bought it and it was supposed to be a bbk... it has no brand on it that i can see so far but it looks and sounds exactly like a mac h..

anyway my car is a 00 and his is a 98.. i know there was a thread about 96-98 h's fitting 99-04's and i imagine if they fit like that then mine should fit his :shrug: any info would be great.. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i was sure it would work too...i just got this info:

The H-pipe will fit the 98 car. The only issue you will have is that if the 00 H-pipe doesn't have slotted bolt holes on the flanges, you will need to ream out the drivers side flange bolt holes to make it fit. The 96-98 drivers side manifold bolts are bigger in diameter than the 99-04's for some reason. I just swapped my 96 O/R H-pipe with a guy for his stock 00 H-pipe & that's all I had to do to make it work. Also I didn't use the 96 H-pipe hangers either. Hope this helps.

sounds legit to me and if he can do it, then i don't see why the guy that wants to buy mine couldn't do the same...plus the guy who told me this seems to know his way around mustangs VERY well.....im going to show him this info i just got and let him decide from there.. thanks for any other info guys!