Another wreck...need headlights for 01 Cougar

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by MontereyDave, Jul 1, 2007.

1. MontereyDave

MontereyDave New Member

- Would any of you happen to know of a website/company that sells some kind of Altezza headlights or any alternative? I don't care if they look a little 'ricey'. I would much rather buy a pair for $100 or $200 or even $300 rather than $400 for one NOS. Thanks.

- Reason: man, my daughter rear-ended someone again. After the last accident we paid off her car and dropped her collision/comp insurance (kept only liability insurance) because the premiums tripled (she also has a couple speeding tickets). Anyway, this time the repairs are outta pocket so I'm been combing eBay looking for replacement parts and I found and bought a nice hood. Now the only thing I really needs is a passenger side headlight (clear casing is cracked with broken pieces missing). According to eBay sellers, they are on 6-month waiting list 'back order' at Ford dealers and are $400 so the used market is crazy too.

The damage:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before the accident:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I certainly appreciate you help you might have.
  2. Mike97gt

Mike97gt it doe snot Mod Dude Founding Member

I have no help on parts other then getting prices from my work if you want me too.

BUT I would get that girl a bicycle to ride instead of driving. multiple speeding tickets and it sounds like multiple accidents she sounds like a road hazard to me.
  3. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is