Antenna mod

rpayne20

Dec 19, 2003
MI
is there an article somewhere that tell you how to do the cut antenna mod??? If you hav a cut antenna how short did ya make it??? is the reception still good?? Thanks..........Peace out

• Sponsors (?)

I cut mine down to around 12-14 inches. Then found a set of Moroso vaccum caps and the smallest one is Black and fits perfect on the top of the antenna. it looks like it was made that way.

Hahnan03gt, there's nothing really wrong with it til you see a shorten one. Then you'll look at yours like it's one of those 9' CB whip antennas that were on every pickup truck in the 70's.
AdRock, I like the inventiveness.

I cut my stocker. its just a little taller than the roof I believe. Mine was tapered a little so I slowly drilled out the ball until it fit over the antenna tight. reception did not change at all.

twogts4us said:
Hahnan03gt, there's nothing really wrong with it til you see a shorten one. Then you'll look at yours like it's one of those 9' CB whip antennas that were on every pickup truck in the 70's.
AdRock, I like the inventiveness.

but those old pickup truck antennas are the best! :shrug:

Mine is probally bout three inches or so, looks great, my 95 had the stubby too never had any problems still sounds good unless you are way out in the boonies. Just cut the stock one down and glue a vac cap on there, I painted mine, took bout 20 mins, looks way better. Dan