Antennas

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I was considering using a Cobra R plate to just delete the antenna. Who the hell needs to listen to the radio anyways? It's just some crappy music between all the commercials.[/QUOTE]

I make classic rock cds :flag:

Also, do you think that 8" stubby will get the same if not better reception that the stock antenna beacuse that is what I am looking for. I bet my billet shorty couldn't even conduct electricity...

One of my friends from school has one on his 'stang, and as far as I could tell it works fine. I havn't heard him complain about it, but I don't remember listening for the quality, I was more concerned about the fact that he had the top down in february in the mountains...

Stangfanatic98 said:
I make classic rock cds :flag:

Also, do you think that 8" stubby will get the same if not better reception that the stock antenna beacuse that is what I am looking for. I bet my billet shorty couldn't even conduct electricity...

Classic Rock all the way! :flag:

:hail2: Zeppelin :hail2:
The Stones
The Doors
Skynard (not really classic but still great)
THE EAGLES!!!!!!
Eric Clapton
..Etc. Etc. Etc.

EDIT. Yeah, you still get as good reception as the stock 3 foot Rod. ... :rlaugh:

Stangfanatic98 said:
Does anyone know where and roughly how much a fixed 'shortie' antenna with wound interior coil would cost? I have a 14" billet shortie now but it gets horrible reception and I still don't want to put that stock 3 foot tall rod back on. :notnice:

I bought an 8 inch one from Murray's for $4.99. I wasn't expecting anything out of it and I was right. For the first two weeks I would get periods of bad reception. Now I get normal reception except once in a while. I live in a pretty urban area and I have traveled multiple times out of an urban setting and it was fine. I think that you can never win with it.

cruisinV6 said:
Where can you find a Cobra R delete plate? Since I am not a fan of radio either, I have just cut my stock antena down about 18 inches for a better look, but I think I just want to get rid of it all together.

I'm not sure. I never looked into it too much. I'd try 5.0resto or maybe see if some guys on a Cobra R forum could point you in the right direction. I know a guy that has one of each Cobra R, and he's mentioned that a lot of the owners post somewhere. :shrug: