any 1 no where i can find a 351w

• Sponsors (?)

The 4v Windsor (69 only) had heads that were slightly different than the 69-75 2v heads, but it was very insignificant.

I think it was 4cc difference in comubustion chamber.
Correct me if I am wrong...
It was only the combustion chamber size though.
The valves, ports, etc... were all identical otherwise.
That is what makes 69-75 W heads such a good choice for a stock head.
Even the 2v versions had a relatively small chamber at 60cc.
IIRC, the 4v head spec'd out at 56cc... :shrug:

69 2V and 4V motors used the same heads. The difference in compression was built into the piston.
I need to read up on that...
Edit:
I read up...
C9 heads were 58 cc chambers.
D0 heads were 60 cc...
Everything else is identical.
In 69, the 4v used flat tops, 2v used regular dishes.
The same heads and dishes were used to 73.
The compression was lowered by using the taller deck block with almost .050" deck clearance.
After 73, the same heads were used, but with additional emissions plumbing.

in fact the 69 was the only year for a 4bbl carb on any 351w until the mid 80's when ford finally put the 4bbl carb on a 351w in trucks.

Yeah... I said "cars" specifically because 4v 351Ws were used in boats continually.
I think it confuses people when they find iron 4v intakes on eBay that are dated in the mid-70s. Many times the seller doesn't specify (or know) that it came off a marine engine.

there is a very slight difference between 69 2v and 4v heads but only in so much as the vlave springs were different. the 4v heads used a "dual" spring with an inner damper and the 2v's used only a single spring, the head castings are the same but the head "assembly" is different. can't remember for sure but it seems like the 4v also used a slightly different retainer and keepers. the 69 heads are also 60cc chambers just like the D0 and D1 heads. so other than the different valve train pieces and the flat top pistons of the 4v engine the 69 2v and 4v motors are identical, they both even used the same camshaft, which is kinda wierd given the different springs and ancillary parts on the 4v motor.