Any experience w/extrude honing?

Dayzed50

Founding Member
May 20, 2001
Marysville, WA
I currently have a cobra intake on my 5.0 and I've grown fond of it. I like the look, it clears my strut tower brace and I'd hate to get rid of it. Unfortunately I'm pushing it to it's limits and an upgrade is needed. I'm thinking of getting it extrude honed but I can't find much info on it. I'd hate to spend $400-$500 to get this done if I can spend the same $$$ and get a superior intake of a different brand. Does anyone have any experience with extrude honing and any recommendations on where to have it done? Is it worth it? I live near Seattle but I'll ship it anywhere for the right price and quality.

• Sponsors (?)

Getting the lower ported would make it work with those heads, or change intakes but don't expect huge gains. Your heads will quickly become the restriction.

DON'T waste your money on EH..........

I go to pacific a few times a year. Goin' there tomorrow for the NHRA Nationals. Gonna be around 95deg or so so it'll be a scorcher. I figure I'll just upgrade to save the hassle, maybe go tfs or holley. Can't say getting the cobra extrude honed is justifiable for the price. I'm actually picking up a set of afr 185's next month so that's why I'm researching the intake, once the heads go on the cobra ain't gonna be enough.