Any experts with 95 gt motor, need some help

jae902

Feb 11, 2003
Here is the problem that i am facing. It appears that my alt and ac bracket from an 88 gt does not work with the 95 gt motor. From looking at some pictures, it appears that the water pump is reverse rotation, meaning it spins opposite of the crank. Not sure, but please correct if i'm wrong, cause it would make life easier. Originally the alternator is on the passenger side and works with a tensioner and ac. Initiallly i was just goin to get rid of the serpentine, and just use v belts with the alternator on the passengerside. Turns out that it doesn't work because of the rotation of the waterpump. So can i just get an older model waterpump with the correct rotation, if so what years, without having to change the timing cover.

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-95 accessory setup on the Stang 5.0 is completely different from the 79-93 setup. The 94-95 accessories were moved closer to the heads, has a shorter waterpump but it's a reverse rotaion just like the 79-93's. Some of the accessories may interchange, but the bracketry is different