Any guesses on what I;d run the 1/4?

InMyPrimeSVT

Founding Member
Jul 31, 2001
Cincinnati
Hey all. I wanted to see what you would think my 94 Cobra would run in the 1/4mi.

1994 Cobra 302 with 53,000miles.
Ran 13.9 in the 1/4 on my first try at the quarter three years ago.
Had the following mods:
1994 Cobra 302
18" Rims w/ Toyo T1-S tires
Short throw shifter
MAC catback exhaust
Eibach lowering kit
MAC underdrive pulleys
MAC Cold Air Intake

1994 Cobra 302 bored 30 over (306ci) with 57,000miles
Recently ported, polished, blueprinted and balanced by Paul's Automotive Engineering
March underdrive pulleys
Ported lower intake by Tmoss
MAC shorty headers
MAC H-pipe with high flow cats
Corbeau Cobra seats
Rear Seat Delete
FRPP 9mm Wires
3.73 FRPP gears
Maximum Motorsports full subrame connectors welded in
Toyo T1S tires with 18" rims
MAC short throw shifter
MAC Cold Air Intake
Tuned by Paul's Automotive

Guesses?

• Sponsors (?)

You think with adding 3.73's, boring 30 over, new pistons, subframe connectors and weight reduction by way of seats, rear seats, aluminum driveshaft, ceramic shorty headers, enlarged throttle body, and ported lower with tune, I'm only going to pick up 0.4?

You think with adding 3.73's, boring 30 over, new pistons, subframe connectors and weight reduction by way of seats, rear seats, aluminum driveshaft, ceramic shorty headers, enlarged throttle body, and ported lower with tune, I'm only going to pick up 0.4?

Heads and intake are where you start to see real gains. New pistons (unless you bumped compression significantly) & 6 cubic inches won't gain you too much.

Especially with 18 inch wheels and street tires, I don't see you getting into the 12's real easy.

Your heads are not bad, being GT40's, but I'd say a 13.3 now as well, b/c when you said fully ported and polished I thought you meant heads and intake for some reason, GT40s ported are no slouches...

I'll go with 13.2-13.4. Like mentioned above, being bored .030 over and new pistons will not add anything unless you upped the compression. Taking weight out of the rear of the car is only going to make your traction worse on those 18s. I think the biggest gain will come from the 3.73s. What was your 60ft time and mph on the 13.9?

Heads and intake are where you start to see real gains. New pistons (unless you bumped compression significantly) & 6 cubic inches won't gain you too much.

Especially with 18 inch wheels and street tires, I don't see you getting into the 12's real easy.

Yup, that's why i said 13.5.
Sure the car will have more potential than that.
But you asked what we thought you would run, and didn't mention having drag radials.
With 3.73's and standard street tires, you may even go slower.
What you really should of done is give us your mph, and ask what we thought your new mph would be, which will probably be up 4-5 mph.