Any Idea What This Is?

jrp27540

Sep 9, 2016
Any idea what this is? I found it under the car on the drivers side, under the drivers seat area and next to the manual transmission. Someone zipped tied it to the other cables. Thanks!!!

E0BA855C-5DFE-4EDB-8133-95695D99B8EC.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

1988 LX 5.0 5 speed. As far as I know the car has always been a stick. I have only had it for a few weeks though... anything in the vin # that would expose if the car was originally an auto?
If your door sticker is still there. It will be on the inside door jam below the stricker if it is not faded or painted over. Color motor trans and rear gear is in code at the bottom. you may try decodethis.com or get a marty report, don't have the web page right now, just google it.

If your door sticker is still there. It will be on the inside door jam below the stricker if it is not faded or painted over. Color motor trans and rear gear is in code at the bottom. you may try decodethis.com or get a marty report, don't have the web page right now, just google it.

The number on the door sticker under "TR" is 2PPSS. From my googling the 2 represents a standard transmission.

Did you find out what it was?

So I did some digging and found a picture of an oxygen sensor harness harness. It appears to have the same black plug on it(see pick below). How many O2 sensors where on the 1988s? Currently it has one on each side right after the headers. The car doesn't have any cats on it(not sure if it did in 88 or not). I know on my 98 GT I had two on each side(4 total); one before the cats and one after the cats.

IMG_0045.JPG