Any ideas on what this might be?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
Ok i got my 87 GT vert home....The car is nice needs a little TLC but thats cool....Now the car shifts awesome it has 1st...2nd and OD is 3rd and wont shift into overdrive until 45-50 mph thats awesome...i dont know what type of shift kit it is...But it hits Hard it also has a Huge transcooler...too...Now it has the Paxton SN93 blower it makes 6 psi....But heres the problem...It pops when in park/neutral if you step on it, like its backfiring almost...I know it needs a tune-up bad wonder if thats the problem...also..it has a bad lag until it starts moving then it pulls like a freight train...what can be causing that? Timing....Oh yeah it has a massive header leak...LOL.....Im taking the car to the shop that does all my work hes going to be doing new valve cover gaskets...new header gaskets...A complete tune-up...and going over the car..It does also have a crane boost retard ....wonder if thats working....Any help would be great...Oh yeah it smokes the tires 1st ...2nd and into 3rd...I still didnt find out what gears it has it does seem like it has something more then 2.73's tho.....

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah speaking of wires one has electrical tape on it...LOL...im going to do a full tune up hope that helps...Whats weird is the terrible lag it has then it will snap your neck...What should the fule pressure be set at?