ANY INFO ON TRI STATE HEADS?

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey i was wondering if anybody has used any heads from tri state cyl heads. im looking at the iron heads for the 302. they are priced at $355 per head built. according to the information they supply they look like they out flow the edelbrock performer rpm's. just wondering if they are decent heads worth putting on a 347?

• Sponsors (?)

They are pretty good heads. Me and a buddy of mine have ran a few sets. The only probablem we have found with them is the valve springs aren't very good. My buddy is running there 210 heads on a 347 and it is makeing killer power.

Don't run iron heads tho. This is what we have been geting from them.http://www.tristatecylinderhead.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=29

Is car is makeing a little over 400hp with those heads and a stroker/n20 cam with a holley intake and a set of 36lb injectors. And that is untuned. And on top of that we are running a 150 shot. The fast it has gone in the 1/8 is 6.9's.

they are pretty good guys down there with a nice shop, jim is all business. i have dealt with them on several occasions. however, something to keep in mind when dealing with them....during the busy season locals take precedence over everyone else.