any machinists in here?

Aryan15

Sep 22, 2003
CA
I just got my first experience with a cnc machine(Haas VF-2 three axis $80,000 machine). It was awesome. So many possibilities. I was making some custom hardware for my motorcycle but plan on doing stuff for the stang. Here are some pics.
The carbide endmill cuts through steel like butter.
img0997ei7.jpg

img0998hw8.jpg

img0996yv1.jpg

I used mastercam version X to program the hex on the screws for my brake calipers.
img1001pa6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

im actually certified on those haas controls, there decent little machines, though mazaks and cincinatis are built better (never have gotten to work on those, all we have at work are a couple old fadals and two pos hurcos). i will tell you though that those haas controls out shine all of em in g-code, some of the easiest to program machines out there.

Going to school right now to be a machinist. We have a similar mill, but it's a little more dated and smaller than that one. Ours is a Haas VF-0, but we got one of the baby tool room mills, along with several conversationals for our manual mills.

the tech school i graduated from had a deal with haas, they owned i think 4 minimills, an sl10, and a barfeeder, and haas used the school as a working showroom so we also had a vf1, vf2, vf3, tool room mill, sl20, a small horizontal, and 4 tool room lathes. the loaned ones would get sold occasinally and wed get brand new machines to abuse (and crash for some people, i know someone who was squaring a block and ran a 3" facemill vertically into the vise at 100ipm)