Any of you guys running the replacable-bulb xenon lights or similar?

• Sponsors (?)

I put in these halogen lights last year which are similar to the tri-y but at a quarter of the costs. Included were some hyperwhite lights that really light up the road. I really think everyone should upgrade their headlights, it really makes a huge difference. The difficulty I faced putting these in was building the relay so that I would be sure I didn't fry the wiring. I bought the relays from Parts Express and the headlights from a guy down in Georgia that I found on VMF for about $50.00. There is a headlight diagram floating around on the internet for you to follow to build the relay.

The PO of my Stang installed Cibie lights, they are nice and bright, but I need a higher output alternator. When the lights are on and at idle around 1000 rpms, there isn't enough juice to keep the MSD and electronic ignition happy. Someday, like all the other little projects.

most 'xenon' kits are just colored bulbs, regular halogen h4's or similar.
if you are thinking of HID's, these are costly upgrades. the kits come with everything you need, ballasts and all. and most take less power then halogens.
Right now, I am running sylvania silver star's with a headlight relay and a powermaster alternator, brightest thing in town, except the true HIDS.
I am planning on getting the sylvania Xenarc HID kit someday.

t_chelle16 said:
If you already do the wiring upgrade for halogen, do you have to do anything else if you install xenon lights? Or will the wiring for the halogen be sufficient?

-Chelle
same wattage, no worries, these bulbs have slightly different filimants (sp?) then regular halogen bulbs, burning at a slightly higher color temp. most are just colored bulbs. they are direct replacement bulbs.

I've got the Painless Wiring H4 halogen conversion wiring harness, a pair of E-Code lamp assemblies from Hella (check www.rallylights.com) with some standard-wattage halogen bulbs. The E-Code (European) reflectors really make a difference - don't get the Hella "Vision Plus" lamps... those are just D.O.T. - spec reflectors with replaceable H4 halogen bulbs. Better than sealed beams, but nowhere near as good as the E-Code units. The Painless Wiring harness is a snap to install, too.