Any One Here Daily Drive Their Fox ?

• Sponsors (?)

it was loose so I was bending the can to try and get it to stop rattling. I ended up busting all the catalyst out of one side of the X pipe. I'll soon be on my third x-pipe.

is all vintage / antique cars having some sore of rich gas smell ? you think I should put my cat back on lol

I feel bad to who ever driving behind my 85 gt, I dont like the smell, i bet they dont like it either, one time their a corvett guy behind me, flipping his head because the smell going to his face. I feel bad :(

perhaps what you need to do is tune you car so that it doesnt run as rich as it does. you might find that it performs better, and get better mileage.

I have the magnaflow 49 state and my car is pretty clean and still fast. I just bought the 50 state and it should be here Friday. Full 2.5" exhaust. Before I had a Bassani 2 cat x-pipe. My understanding is they have come quite a ways with the high flow cats. Someone in the industry told me the high flow cats can flow pretty close to a system without cats. My state is pretty strict, but I would run them anyways.

I have the magnaflow 49 state and my car is pretty clean and still fast. I just bought the 50 state and it should be here Friday. Full 2.5" exhaust. Before I had a Bassani 2 cat x-pipe. My understanding is they have come quite a ways with the high flow cats. Someone in the industry told me the high flow cats can flow pretty close to a system without cats. My state is pretty strict, but I would run them anyways.
you bought a new set, because 1 state different ? give me your old one :p

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I'm actually doing it for other reasons. I have to send in my old one. I gave my bassani to someone with a 70s mustang. I wish I didnt. But now I get a carb eo #, cuz thats whats important :nice:. I guarantee the 49 state would pass the sniffer here. I can huff the exhaust.

I got a job out of state last August (200 miles one-way) and commute home during the week (I work weekends for now) and since my wife won't turn loose of her Fusion, it's either my '88 GT or my V10 F250 so I've been driving the '88 to and from work since then, until we get a house up there. I love it, the thing gets 20-23 mpg, rips through the twisties and although it's a 20-footer I get constant compliments from the locals and co-workers. It's only let me down once when the smog pump seized, burning the belt off, but I went to the local NAPA a couple miles up the road, got a belt short enough to bypass the air pump and drove it for two more weeks until I could fix it right. I try to do a little bit here and there to keep it going and if I keep it after the move I plan to reward it with a full-on rebuild since I'm selling my GT350 clone to help pay for a house and the Fox will be my only toy.

been in storage four years but under construction as we speak... when its good i daily drive until the snow comes. drove it one winter when it wasnt to bad out but did not get anywhere in a hurry and i still regret doing that to my baby