any opinions from anybody. v8 swap

should i sell my 89 and v6/tranny package and swap the 95 to a v8

• drive the subaru and park both the 89 and 95 until they both rot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
hello i have a 95 5 speed with a new clutch and a low mileage 3.8 that i got direct from the ford warehouse. it has the balancer shaft and all. it is single port though, it was only the shortblock and i put on single port heads and intake. it is setup for a 94-95 car since it has the 95 injectors but if you switch them out to whatever year you have then you can use it too. i messed the lower intake up so it is leaking vacuum there and killing gas mileage. i think i might just take the motor/clutch/t5 out and sell theat for around 650-700 OBO. then i have an 89 notch with in floor subframes,custom interior(not finished,back seat and door panels need to be done),4 inch cowl hood and a set of apc euro tails. i am thinking of taking the motor,trans and rear end out and dropping that in the 95 and putting the 95's rear end back under the 89. i want to sell the 89's rolling chassis with title for around 1100. it is already setup for a carb and a t5 tranny. gas is killing me so once i sell one of those items, my grandma has an old beater subaru wagon that needs a new clutch and could use a reringing and new bearings, that would save me gas out the wazoo. what do yall think, should i go ahead and swap or just try to fix the intake with another and hope that fixes it if it aint an electrical problem or not.

• Sponsors (?)

what all is needed, if fox body motor/tranny mounts bolt in and the rear end bolts in then i should be good to go, i got the radiator situation handled since this is coming out of an 89 fox car that i built. i will put the hei ignition and carb setup in the 95. but on any rate, we will just fix the intake on the 95.

You are in for a lot of work to say the least. Besides the motor needing to be changed, you will need a new PCM, radiator, fuel system, and other minor details. If you are sure the tranny will mate up to the V8 then thats one large step done.

well i dont know much about replacing a v6 with a v8 but you may want to have a little money put aside just in case anything goes wrong because there will be some little things that will run in your way. for example exhaust...connecting the pipes up into the headers because you have a v6 setup. but otherwise if you think you can do it go for it because it will be worth it trust me. i used to have a v6 but i scraped it and went for the muscle :D ......good luck :nice:

Keeping the V8 in the '89 has a lot more advantages than swapping it into the '95.
Why do you want to sell the '89 and go through the trouble of a 6-8 swap?
If you were to sell one of the two, sell the '95.

well i did the v8 swap with the 89, not too bad since i had a donor car. that means i have a v8 t5 and all of the v8 stuff. i won't be using efi so i don't need any electronics and i could run straight long tubes like the 89 is now. but i don't care, i am just going to try to replace some parts in the 95 and keep fixing the 89 up, thanks.

go for the swap man,it will be worth it. the transmission will hold up, because the 94-95 V6 5-speed is basically the same thing as the stock T-5 on a GT. This kind of swap is extremely common, i believe Mustang parts specialties website has a step by step how-to on this subject. As of now, i am considering a 5.0 swap for my 2000 V6, or selling mine and rebuilding a 90 GT sitting in my driveway. Good luck