any opinions on the value of this stang??

lickem

Sep 11, 2005
lake elsinore ca
got a guy that wants to trade me this car for a truck i have for sale, what do you guys think a decent average value of this car is. i do realize the value of a car is exactly what the buyer is willing to pay but this will be a trade so im just curious what everyone thinks.

its a 91 lx vert, bone stock other than sub frame connectors, k member brace, 3.55 gears. has 123k miles on it, runs great, shifts great, clutch feels like it should, interior is probably one of the best ive ever seen, everything works as it should, paint is awesome with about 5 dime size "dings" on the right quarter panel. rear main leaks but show me a stock fox that doesnt leak.

the main thing that i thought really sucked about the car is when i was driving it sounded like the freakin windows were down the wind was so loud, is that a common thing for fox verts? this was the first fox vert ive ever drove, ive got a sn95 vert but it doesnt sound anywhere close to the fox.

1f11231gb3kc3o63pa8ch45dk7.jpg

By badass79cj5 at 2008-12-22

1161f01243m73pc3o08cha1xe0.jpg

1191f41g13n13mc3pf8chc7mr4.jpg

1f21241gb3n93k63l68ch7djb7.jpg

Attachments

• 1f11231gb3kc3o63pa8ch45dk7.jpg
    1f11231gb3kc3o63pa8ch45dk7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 103
  • 1161f01243m73pc3o08cha1xe0.jpg
    1161f01243m73pc3o08cha1xe0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 100
  • 1191f41g13n13mc3pf8chc7mr4.jpg
    1191f41g13n13mc3pf8chc7mr4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 74
  • 1f21241gb3n93k63l68ch7djb7.jpg
    1f21241gb3n93k63l68ch7djb7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
  • Sponsors (?)

the blue book on the truck is about 5700ish and the blue book on the stang is roughly 3 if i remember right.

with the economy the way it is what does a blue book value actually mean. i recently talked to a dealer up the road about an 02 gt he had and we started discussing the economy and blue book values, he tells me there is no blue book value anymore, he said he has 3 titans out on his lot that dropped 5 grand in blue book value in a month.

so after that conversation it got me to really thinkin about the current values of vehicles, obviously a truck or an suv could have a blue book value of lets say 6 grand but who is gonna pay it for the joy of getting 12 miles to the gallon. on the flip side to that say the mustang value is 3 grand but since its more practical your odds are you could get the value of it if not more for it.

these are the rambling thoughts of an unemployed gearhead who's wife is watching romeo and juilet so there really isnt much better to do but think of crap like that

i think the blue books under value the older mustangs. nice clean foxes will sell for more than the book says but you have to find the right buyer. one thing that kills the value is the cars are attractive to younger buyers that don't have a lot of cash and it's next to impossible to find a loan for a old fox body.

one thing that does kinda bother me about the car is the guy seems to be the type that only cares about what it looks like rather then how its runnin. all he talked about was how good it looked, i could probably bet he wouldnt have the first clue what a compression test even is. so that kinda bothers me, not that theres anything wrong with the car but it just kinda sits in the back of my mind.

how is the wind noise level when you drive yours about 60ish? this one sounds like you are in a wind tunnel

I just recently bought an 88 vert for about $5K. Bone stock (just like I wanted). Interior is cherry, exterior is pretty darn nice after a buff job. Tons of wind noise inside the car. Think that just comes with the territory on fox 'verts.

awesome, thanks for the insite on if its just a fox thing, absoultely amazing the difference in driving my sn95 vert and driving the fox vert, what the hell did ford do different that finally got it to seal good? so with it just being a normal fox thing chances are theres nothing wrong with the top itself, like you just said it comes with the territory right?

this one is stock to the point of it still has the factory radio in it, its pretty fancy. also another question for ya, i didnt try the passenger seat but the drivers seat doesnt recline like a normal fox, seemed to only have 2 positions, is that a normal fox vert thing as well?

gotcha, so maybe the twisting from being beat on has caused it to not seal as good? dont get me wrong you know you are in a convertable when you are in my sn95 but it might as well be like driving in a hardtop compared to how bad that vert was as far as wind noise.

i took a cash deposit on the truck today anyways so unless the dude wants to forfit his deposit and not pay for the truck the trade will be off. really nice fox but id rather have the cash because i need to buy a g-force kit for my tranny in the other fox.

maybe one of these years my injectors will get here so i can finally hear the new stroker rumble

right now is the time to buy not SELL...blue book alue means nothing now. what people are wiling to pay value does.......i lost a lot of money selling my last two cars that i had to in order to get into this jetta i have now. people were just not into buying for a fair price...:shrug::shrug:

i hear ya, thats actually how i came across my sn95. i was tryin to get this job where i was gonna have to commute 180 miles or so a day so i started lookin for a little car that got great mileage, well i found a non turbo 3000gt for a decent price and bought it. next thing you know the transmission went out not even 7 miles later, jacked the car up and there was a 2 inch hole in the bottom of the trans, the car still shifted fine and drove fine but obviously burned itself up with not having any fluid, i wanted to beat the flippin crap out of the dude that sold it to me, i had his address, phone number, place of work but i knew that if i went and confronted him about it i would of just lost it and probably ended up in alot of trouble so i left the whole thing alone and just left it up to karma. anyhow i put a good tranny in it, new clutch, new slave cylinder and the car ended up being pretty nice, got 33mpg on the highway.

well the job didnt pan out and so here i was stuck with this stupid little 3000gt that just made me mad every time i looked at it thinkin about the turd that sold it to me so i put it up for sale and got rediculas offers of roughly half what i had in the car from teenagers that thought the car was the baddest thing in the world.

so after it not selling for anywhere close to what i had in it i said screw it and got on craigslist to see if anyone had anything cool to trade, so i found a 95 gt vert with brown leather, 5 speed, pretty decent overall car just needs a paint job. i traded down according to blue book value but i really didnt care anymore cause i was out from under the 3000gt and i had something i know i would like.

awesome, thanks for the insite on if its just a fox thing, absoultely amazing the difference in driving my sn95 vert and driving the fox vert, what the hell did ford do different that finally got it to seal good? so with it just being a normal fox thing chances are theres nothing wrong with the top itself, like you just said it comes with the territory right?

this one is stock to the point of it still has the factory radio in it, its pretty fancy. also another question for ya, i didnt try the passenger seat but the drivers seat doesnt recline like a normal fox, seemed to only have 2 positions, is that a normal fox vert thing as well?

The seats dont recline like a normal stang because the seat will hit the rear side panel. I changed mine out from a hatchback and I get a few more inches to lay back. Its easy to do and it only takes a few minutes.