Any problems installing a Pypes o/r X?

I was also thinking about some exhaust work this weekend, I just got my car a couple months ago and all I have done was lowered it 2". Now I want some sound, with the pypes o/r X what in your opinion is the baddest sounding muffler? Every mustang I have owned had flowmasters, so I refuse to use them again, I want a change. I can drive to the local summit warehouse and buy whatever i decide to get, but I want the opinions of you all that have been into the mod motors longer than I. I guess it helps to mention I am in georgia, with no emissions, and the noise ordinance here isn't enforced.

All opinions appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I was also thinking about some exhaust work this weekend, I just got my car a couple months ago and all I have done was lowered it 2". Now I want some sound, with the pypes o/r X what in your opinion is the baddest sounding muffler? Every mustang I have owned had flowmasters, so I refuse to use them again, I want a change. I can drive to the local summit warehouse and buy whatever i decide to get, but I want the opinions of you all that have been into the mod motors longer than I. I guess it helps to mention I am in georgia, with no emissions, and the noise ordinance here isn't enforced.

All opinions appreciated.

First of I would like to say, I hate you because you live in a emission law free state:p JK :lol: I heard that loud mouths, borla, and magnaflows were good if you don't want to deal with flows.

I wouldn't say that I don't want to deal with the Flowmasters, but I have had them on every Mustang I have ever owned, just as every Mustang in central Georgia has them. I want to go somewhere different with my exhaust this time. I will go Friday and have some mufflers welded in, and then come home and put in my o/f x or h pipe. Which leads to my next question, on the 4.6 with stock manifolds, which has the best sound, the X or H? I am not going for power, I just sold my 92 notchback with a s/c 393, I dont want "go fast" anymore. But I do want to be heard when I am creeping around. I listened to a pile of videos on youtube trying to pick between the X and H and from what I have heard the X is a little raspier. Hard to tell on this laptop. anyways, all opinions welcomed!

I wouldn't say that I don't want to deal with the Flowmasters, but I have had them on every Mustang I have ever owned, just as every Mustang in central Georgia has them. I want to go somewhere different with my exhaust this time. I will go Friday and have some mufflers welded in, and then come home and put in my o/f x or h pipe. Which leads to my next question, on the 4.6 with stock manifolds, which has the best sound, the X or H? I am not going for power, I just sold my 92 notchback with a s/c 393, I dont want "go fast" anymore. But I do want to be heard when I am creeping around. I listened to a pile of videos on youtube trying to pick between the X and H and from what I have heard the X is a little raspier. Hard to tell on this laptop. anyways, all opinions welcomed!

If your going for sound, the H pipe will be in your favor. It has a sound of a muscle car.

I had the car up on 4 jack stands with the the front ones considerably higher. I also left the jack up front tensioned underneath just in case something slipped. But hell if your just doing a mid pipe you wont be under there that long :D

I just ordered the Pypes O/R X pipe, and MIL Eliminators, is there anything else I need? I still have till 3pm to add anything to the order and still be able to get it by Friday.

I have an 02 Convertible, 4.6 with 5spd. Lemme know if I am forgetting anything.

Thanks

I just ordered the Pypes O/R X pipe, and MIL Eliminators, is there anything else I need? I still have till 3pm to add anything to the order and still be able to get it by Friday.

I have an 02 Convertible, 4.6 with 5spd. Lemme know if I am forgetting anything.

Thanks

I think your good to go man, Do you have a tuner? If you do then the Mil's are worthless. Where did you order your Pypes X from?

Sounds great, I heard somewhere that I needed 24" oxygen sensor extenders, so I was asking if there was anything else to get. As I was getting this link for you I seen the note that says they are needed for 04 GT only. I ordered my X pipe and MIL Eliminators both from

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-9904-gt-or-xpipe.html

I have heard alot of good stuff about these people.

Tuner? Nope. Bone stock with the exception of lowering springs. Like I said in an earlier post, I am not looking for "go fast" anymore, I just want some sight and sound. The only thing I want to upgrade is my wheels, I want the wide a** rear bullet wheels like I have seen on one or two other cars on here. After that I am finished. I'll just drive and be happy with it.

"The only thing I want to upgrade is my wheels, I want the wide a** rear bullet wheels like I have seen on one or two other cars on here"

Like mine?
View attachment 343729

View attachment 343731

And to keep this on topic I have the Pypes violator cat-back on in those pictures with the Summit O/R h-pipe. I do not reccomend that one. The price is great, but I have fought that thing hard to get it to fit right.

Preston

Sounds great, I heard somewhere that I needed 24" oxygen sensor extenders, so I was asking if there was anything else to get. As I was getting this link for you I seen the note that says they are needed for 04 GT only. I ordered my X pipe and MIL Eliminators both from

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-9904-gt-or-xpipe.html

I have heard alot of good stuff about these people.

Tuner? Nope. Bone stock with the exception of lowering springs. Like I said in an earlier post, I am not looking for "go fast" anymore, I just want some sight and sound. The only thing I want to upgrade is my wheels, I want the wide a** rear bullet wheels like I have seen on one or two other cars on here. After that I am finished. I'll just drive and be happy with it.

Yeah, American Muscle is a great to order from. I went with BrenSpeed as they are also great.

That's cool man, looks like your not to far from accomplishing your mod list:nice:

And to keep this on topic I have the Pypes violator cat-back on in those pictures with the Summit O/R h-pipe. I do not reccomend that one. The price is great, but I have fought that thing hard to get it to fit right.

Preston

I like the wing delete on your car on the bottom pic:nice: As for the Pypes o/r X so far I heard it was great with fitments. Can't wait to get it:D

THANKS :D I was pretty happy with it, and for the price i couldnt go wrong. $399 for X pipe + Catback. NEW!

I like that it has a completly different sound than other mustangs. Screw Flowmasters, everyone and there mothers uncle has them. :rlaugh:

:nice: :nice: sounds great...rumbly without the pick-up truck sound some combo's have***

(***just MHO, and maybe it's 'cause I'm old enough to remember what muscle cars sounded like when they were new...but they didn't sound anything like an H-pipe with Flows ;) )