Any throttle problems reported?

Paul Jacuzzi

Nov 25, 2006
My daughter has a new '07 V6. She had a terrifying experience last night when the throttle became stuck wide open while accelerating on a local road. Fortunately, this happened close to our home and she was able to stop the car with the brakes and get it turned off. She stated that it took both feet on the brake pedal to get the car stopped. When I started it up, it ran normally and I could not get it to repeat the incident.

SOMETHING had happened, as I found the brakes still smoking and the girl was pretty shaken. My first thought was that the aftermarket floor mat may have jammed the gas pedal to the floor, though it did not appear as though it had shifted when I checked it. The kid is a pretty good driver and has not had anything like this occur before, with any car.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

might want to post in the 05+ forum for more help. check around throttle cable for anything that it could catch on. Also, had anything been done under the hood before hand? Might check the throttle body vlave(s), see if they have any kind of side-to-side or up and down play. Open them all the way with you hand and see if there is any play or if you can get them stuck there. I had a dirtbike once that would stick WOT and it was something similar to what i described with theTB. I got hurt on that thing alot. My mustang stuck WOT on me once, but that was a broken return spring, I dont think thats your problem. Good luck.