Any tips/tricks for blower and longtube install

98GTfromGA

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Memphis
I'm going to be starting my Vortech S-trim and Mac longtube install pretty soon. Probably this week, I am contemplating buying a engine stand and cherry picker and removing the engine from the car. Is it worth it to do this? I really don't want to drop the k-member by myself. Also any tips on the blower install?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

taking the engine out does make everything easier. i would do it since you are doing both projects at once. i've done the blower install each way once, and prefered to do it with the engine out. but it's tough to say if it's really worth it to pull the engine for just the supercharger. with the headers, i think it's worth it. especially if you have a trained mechanic working with you. can't say that i have many tips if you pull the engine out. everything will be fairly simple. if you plan on getting heads and/or cams. now would be the time to do it budget permitting.

i have installed both my s-trim and my longtube headers
it toke me about day and a half to do the headers and about 7hrs to do the s-trim install

i did both installs solo with the car on jack stands so not to hard just time consuming

with the headers i removed the k-member i used 2 jack one was to hold and lower the k-member because its heavy as hell

blower install was easy as a matter of fact i just had a new long block installed about 3weeks ago yesterday i just reinstalled the blower after braking the engine in

so both jobs imo not to hard just time consumming

headers are a PITA, i just did mine this past weekend, you WILL have to drop the k-member, if you try to do it with that in the car you must have 12 extra joins in your arm!... as for the blower install, thats easy, just a little time consuming