Any Tire Experts Out Here?

Howdy everyone, I've got a tire question.

Now, I've got stock 15x7 rims on my stang at the moment, stock size tires on the front and 295/50 R15's on the rear.

I've found some new rims and already know the tires will fit them. The rear rims are going to be 15x10 rims. I've been doing some research and I've found that sometimes it makes the tire too wide and spacers are needed.

My question is, if I mount 295/50 R15 tires on a 15x10 rim, will I need wheel spacers so they don't rub on anything back there?

I really like these new rims and the wider look is going to make me happy (I love wide tires) but if I'm going to have to shell out a bunch more cash for spacers I might just scrap the whole idea and stick with stock rims. I see it fitting because they're 6 spoke and represent my V6 pretty well I think.

anywho, any feedback will be appreciated, thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

backspacing is the distance from the backside of the face of the wheel (where the wheel slides onto the wheel studs and mates up against the brakes) to the back lip of the wheel.

15x10 with a 6.5" backspacing is correct for your car. If you had a 7.5" backspacing, the inner sidewalls would rub in the wheelwells. If you had a 5.5" backspacing, the outer sidewalls would rub the fender lips.