Any tuning tips? [gonna go to track sat or sun]

Just wondered if there are any special things that might make my combo 'work' a bit better.. like f/p plug gap, timing..

Combo is in my sig. Plugs are autolite 24s @ .055". Timing is at 15* initial, and no pinging on 91 octane. [would Sunoco 94 and 18* make a difff?]

What's a decent fuel pressure to run with what I have [or whats seems to have worked for everyone]? I currently run about 41-42 PSI [vac hose off] and that seems to be where the car idles, runs, pulls best... but again.. the butt dyno... :shrug:

I just ask, because I get a feeling i'm going to be a bit disappointed judging by a few of the street races I have had. It runs strong.. & I haven't done bad, but seems like I am running around 105-106 MPH in comparison to what I have raced [how much i've pulled them]. I know staying with the stock cam hurt me a little, but wanted the emissions and good idle. [wails to 6 grand still]

I went 102.95 with the untouched stock motor/intakes... so, I guess i'm kinda hoping this thing traps AT LEAST 108.. I dont think 6 MPH with the heads/intake I put on is asking a whole lot.. I dont wanna come here a few days from now wishing I would have just bought the ported stock heads.

Any hints/tips etc.. would be greatly appreciated..

• Sponsors (?)