Any value in my old 289 and original C4 automatic?

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by Gellpak, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Gellpak

Gellpak Member

So, this is related to my recent thread about transmission trouble with my resto shop. I have the existing 289 and original C4 automatic transmission from my 66 mustang and I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

They worth anything? The transmission is in good condition, the engine had a tiny bit of lifter tap if I remember correctly from 3 years ago, but was otherwise good.

Not sure whether to pick them up from the shop, keep in my garage and try to sell them off on Craigslist or wherever, or just junk 'em. Can you get money back from Jasper for an engine core even if not buying a new one?
  2. Realmongo

Realmongo I prefer to be called "Evil Genius" Founding Member

Good 289s are getting harder to find, so please don't trash it! If I was closer I'd be there loading it up myself.
  3. robbz28

robbz28 Member

Get it and keep it, you never know when you might need it or might can barter with it later. Even if it sits outside...hang onto it.
  4. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Member

Don't trash it! if some one need a core for their blown appart eng you have it. just traded one with a friend blew his apart needed a core they dont take cracked blocks as cores.
  5. rbohm

rbohm Founding Member

i also say dont trash it. i also would pick it up from you, except for the distance.