Any way to change my Fuel Pressure

Evan5469

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
Maryland
I was just wondering if there is any way i can change the fuel pressure on my Cobra. It is loading up during normal driving and is running really rich. I know my way around a 5.0 pretty well and am still getting familiarized with the 4.6. So if there is a way to change the fuel pressure could you explain it to me and dumb it down a little so that I would understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Evan5469 said:
I was just wondering if there is any way i can change the fuel pressure on my Cobra. It is loading up during normal driving and is running really rich. I know my way around a 5.0 pretty well and am still getting familiarized with the 4.6. So if there is a way to change the fuel pressure could you explain it to me and dumb it down a little so that I would understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simple- just buy a good Adjustable fuel pressure regulator - Id recommend Aeromotive brand. There will be an adjusting nut on too that enables you to adjust up or down depending on your needs. Take out your stock one, and stick the new one on. Id recommend you buy or rent a guage too though, to help you adjust the pressure. Be careful though - check your A/F on a wide-band dyno to make sure you didnt lean her out too much.

peace