anybody been watching the show pass time?

88nosmustang

Founding Member
Jul 8, 2002
indiana
pass time on speed channel at 7:30pm eastern time....

there has been some wicked mustangs on there.... and some not so good passes, 04 cobra he couldnt drive ran somethin like 14, than an 03 cobra ran like 15 even after puttin a bigger supercharger on it...
there was a 94 gt 5.0 with a vortech supercharger and other goodies that only ran 13.87... the impressive runs were a turbocharged small block guy ran like mid 8 even after nosing it over at 300ft and gettin back into it...

so the main reasons for me writing this is because one guy pulled up in a 79 mustang with a junkyard navigator motor in it.. he said it was stock but it did have a carb. on it...and it didnt sound stock and im pretty sure he had some spray if i recall but he goes on to run a 10.82.....is the stock motor on the bottle really gonna be able to run 10's? or are there mods done to it that he didnt disclose....

and then 2 nights ago, an 82 capri rolls up, 18 yr old kid gets out says its a 302 estimated power is 350-400, with a 200 shot of nitrous.... looks mild as hell and the motor looks like a carbed 302, he stages pulls the front wheels and runs a 9.32 at 143.... is the 200 shot that big of a help or is there more to the motor than 350-400 hp?

after watching the show so much ive been gettin my hopes up for my turbo 351 fox to see what its goin to do.....im hoping mid 10 at least if it busts out a 9 somehow after i pull off the track i think im gonna get out and do a lil dance:rlaugh:

so anyway just wanted to know if anybody else watches the show.....

and this is off topic but good for a lil laugh.... i work in a parts store, kid comes in wanting honda performance goodies, im looking them up for him, he starts asking questions about his vtec stuff, i told him he'd have to ask someone that was into hondas about that....he looked at me funny and said you're not into hondas, i told him no im not, he looks at me, i go behind the counter to look through catalogs and he leans over the counter and asks what are you into? i said domestics.... he goes and asks what are domestics? like lexus? at this point i couldnt even bring myself to laugh and i said no not like lexus, like mustangs...

• Sponsors (?)

:lol: that import/domestic question got me.
Yeah I watch the show and saw the Navigator Mustang. Its a DOHC 5.4 and takes well to any power adder, shoulda been a couple tenths quicker.
The kid with the Capri was lying, just was reading at another site its a 331 high compression engine. More like 600~ RWHP :shrug: