anybody else have this problem.

fatboy02gt

Mar 26, 2007
easton, pa
so i have kind of learned to deal with it but it seems like no matter where i am somebody is alway tailgating me. i dont drive like grandma but im not weaving either. and there is always someone back there to the point i cant see there headlights. maybe its just me but i think its the car.:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

yeah that would be the case if i didnt get out of the way. i do. and i like to get from a stop to the speed limit as fast as possible. and im not sayin im only doin the speed limit. im always over it. by 5 to 10 mph depend on where i am. and when somebody wants to go faster i will be more than happy to get out of the way but when i do they change lanes and stay right there behind me. thats when it drives me nuts. and it happens more now in the mustang than ever before.

Don't worry your not the only one. I tried, tried to drive the speedlimit and everyone tailgated me. I was also trying to save gas. Especially now at almost 3. Sorry but your going to have to floor it. Better you having control of the situation than someone tailgatting you.

One time an F250 was tailgating me, flashin his high beams in my mirror. I thought he wants me to drive fast. So I decide to drive off slow from a stop light cruising 15-20 in a 45mph (four lanes in 1 direction). He's still following me and he was clear to change lanes. For some reason I look over and its an undercover cop staring me down. He cuts off the truck, and pulls me over. I tell him my story saying I could have drove fast instead. He only thinks I was driving slow so he wouldn't hear my exhaust. No ticket but my friends still laugh at me for getiing pulled over for driving 2 slow in a Stang.

I think it was someone on stangnet who put like a washer fliud nozzle on the back of their car to spray ricers.

downshift hell yea my exhaust scares me sometimes when i do that especially when next to a retaining wall on the feeder/ servie road. NIcest sound ive ever heard though....:D Sometimes just bliping the throttle is enough in my car. but still the disrespect sucks!

I do that anyway with my regular washer fluid nozzle. I've sprayed a few people who were a little too close while on the freeway. :)

i did the washer nozzle with baby oil in it back in HS. that stuff is a bitch to get off your car! i am usually the one driving fast. i'm ALWAYS 15 over on the interstate and 10 over on back roads in my ranger. on the stang i'm only about 5 over since it always attracts sooooo much attention from the local law enforcement.

the funniest ticket i ever got was for revving at a marked local PD mustang GT. he pulled me and gave me a lot of BS. then asked me if i thought my car was faster than his auto mustang cop car! i just kinda laughed and told him to look at my plate (2L8ULOSE) b/c that would be all he would ever see if i wanted to run:D

Ppl leave me alone whenever I'm driving the Mustang. Matter fact, I swear some are afraid to pass me on the highway. :shrug:

Driving my '87 Crown Vic beater is a totally different story. I constantly get cut off and no one wants to be behind me.

One time an F250 was tailgating me, flashin his high beams in my mirror. I thought he wants me to drive fast. So I decide to drive off slow from a stop light cruising 15-20 in a 45mph.

pardon my french, but you sir, are an idiot. its people like you on the road that cause road rage. if someone wants you to get out of their way, GET OUT THA WAY! unless you dont have anywhere to go of course. you dont know what's going on in the car next to you. maybe the driver just got a phone call saying "youre spouse was in an accident, get to the hospital NOW" if i got a call like that, i would be driving my @$$ off to get there.

im an extremely laid back guy, but the only place i get worked up is behind the wheel. i can not stand bad drivers. get off your cell phone and concentrate on driving! slower traffic keep right!! use your damn blinker!!

oh boy, you done got me worked up

i have done all of the above. and it just seems like once you get rid of one theres another. the little stupid ricer kids will tear through traffic to get to me. its just annoying. ride my ass and rev ther fart cans like i will waste 3 dollars a gallon to race them on a public street. they are really tough till you get them to a track then they shut up pretty damn quick. and my car is not that fast. :shrug:

Ppl leave me alone whenever I'm driving the Mustang. Matter fact, I swear some are afraid to pass me on the highway. :shrug:

Driving my '87 Crown Vic beater is a totally different story. I constantly get cut off and no one wants to be behind me.

well that because it looks like a real Cobra :nice:,

but yeah i get those tailgaters i either get on it or let my car slow down to the speed limit or lower then get on it :D

I give them a brake check. If that don't work I find random objects to throw out of the window. Last time it was Hot Mustard sauce from Mickey D's.

Other times, once I can get over to let them pass, I'll let them get in front then tailgate them. I know it isn't the smartest thing but I feel better.