Anybody Ever Hurt A Spec Clutch?

Check this out.. I have a Ford Racing cable. Got on MM's website.. Their "performance cable" is Ford oem, as "They've found it to be the best available"... So the $100,000 question, are Ford oem and Ford Racing the same, or are the Ford Racing cables outsourced Chinese crap like some of their other stuff?
The ford racing is Chinese crap and the maximum MOTORSPORTS is bar none the best cable to have I have never driven a car that felt and worked like that cable does . Except stock . And this is with a Centerforce dual friction

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

• Sponsors (?)

Geez I got a lotta broke crap.. Time for a clutch, pp, and flywheel.... and rear main seal.. nice.

20150426_184403.jpg
2015-04-26-21-49-29.png

I didn't get the memo or the invite so this is how far I got before thinking to ask this question:

How much torque do you make? Don't care about HP. What trans and gear ratio is it making power through? How sticky is the ass end?
Sticky ass end ? It always gets weird when you show up ..... LOL

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't get the memo or the invite so this is how far I got before thinking to ask this question:

How much torque do you make? Don't care about HP. What trans and gear ratio is it making power through? How sticky is the ass end?

489 rwtq. TKO 600 trans, 3.27 gear, Nitto NT01 tires. Yes it is pretty sticky..

Ugh dual disks are so expensive.

However I hate the on/off grabby clutch I have now

Yeah, This one I fried was somewhat like that, and I hated it. Not at first, but I grew to loathe it. It chattered pretty roughly when I was not in a position to do a quick take off.. It did not like to slip at all, which makes me REALLY not want a stage 3 single/ puck style.. for the street? Yuck.

If it were a drag car, I might holler "SPEC 3+" all day long. I'm pretty sure you want to street this regularly.

DFCF is not an option in my book. It doesn't like all that low end torque any better than the Spec 2 does. You may get a year out one.

Reactions: 1 user
Buy a dual disk and report back results.

:)

Good luck man.

Yeeaah.. That's even what my wife says. "Stop buying cheap junk you'll just have to replace, get the twin disc". I've been digging in the couch cushions looking for quarters and dimes... :nonono:

Thanks, man. Will let y'all know what happens!

Tell Momma she needs to turn in some of the side cash. :D

Right? I needs mah cut!

You know what's really bad? I had my boost turned down to 7psi trying to sort a problem when this clutch let go.. Of course, I fixed the problem only to find this one... I can only imagine If I had it lined out on 10-11 psi..

Also.. the money I'll be spending on this clutch was supposed to be going to a dart block so we could see north of 15 psi. *sigh*

Stuff like this makes me glad my turbo car has a Lentech AOD.....:D I love our cars with a stick but hear so many horror stories of broken trans....slipping clutches etc etc...I know an Auto isn't much fun but mine is ok with a big stall and full manual VB....hopefully you get yours back on the road soon and have some fun:nice:

Reactions: 1 user