Anybody got dyno info Plenums?

• Sponsors (?)

i looked at the dragon intake, and it is the design of a 5.4 upper plenum that is made to work with our sideways intake manifold, the only diff. is that it has a add on piece that says dragon. take a closer look. MM&FF did a 5.4 swap on a GT w/ the original intake and its the same as dragon.

bg00gt said:
The dragon has tested better than both it gives 6 rwhp and 9 rwtq across all rpms with stock tb on a n/a car

Do you have any actual evidence (meaning unbiased real world testing) or you just making that statement from things you've heard? IMO I dont think there is too much difference between the three (C&L, TrickFlow, and Dragon) b/c they all seem to have the same basic design. It would be interesting to know if there has been some independent testing done between the three.

I wouldn't mind doing a dyno like I did on the Modular Depot P&P intake plenum, but getting "donations" to run an unbiased test is like pulling teeth. I had at least a dozen people say that they would help out with $5 or $10 bucks to defray the cost, but no-one put their money where their mouth was.

The dyno time for that test ran me $135, not including my time or gas to make the 140 mile round trip.

But rest assured, the results were accurate and unbiased. I posted unaltered graphs from the runs and made no changes to the car between dynos except for the plenum...

Matt

2k2SilverBullet said:
Well my C&L Plenum and Accufab 75MM TB is coming in tommorow, my car will be getting a dyno in january 30th little long away but that is when local dyno will beopen

Are you going to dyno the car, then swap intake/TB and re-dyno, or just swap the parts and go dyno?

That would be the best way to test both intakes.

If you just swap and then go to the dyno on Jan. 30th, do you have a baseline to compare?

Matt

Might be easier trying to get guys with similar mods that live in the same area that are each interested in buying an upper intake to go dyno test one day. I have:

C&L plenum
70mm frpp tb
Steeda pullies
t/a
BBK LT's
Prochamber
Magnaflow exhaust
C&L maf kit
5-speed.

If someone in the Austin/Houston area has similar mods (it would be easy to adjust to stock timing, put on stock maf w/ airbox, or stock tb if needed to make comparison closer) and has either the dragon or trickflow plenum, maybe we can work something out in terms of dyno comparisons. if not, then maybe a few others live close enough, have similar mods and could set something up to prove things once and for all.