Anybody have a centri S/C and 4.10's?

spederman

Apr 13, 2005
Ok, i got lucky and get a chance with a do over for my gears for free. Long story short, Got 2 sets of Motive 3.90's installed and they both whined. Now i get a redo for free and can pick anything i want.

SO... my future plans include a Centri supercharger (either vortech or procharger), but that will probably be between 6-12 months away. I was thinking going 4.10's so i have the fun factor now, but i dont want to be screwed with NO traction once i get my S/C. I want usable power, not just looking cool by being able to spin my tires through the first 3 gears while getting my ass owned by some POS ricer.

Does anybody have 4.10's with a centri S/C and how do you feel about it? Do you love it or wish you had 3.73's?

• Sponsors (?)

i have 3.90's with a novi 2k. on street tires i will just MELT the tires in 1st and 2nd. i will be dropping back to 3.73's. a lot of people like the 4.10's but if you are planning on a s/c you will need some slicks. the 4.10 will be faster in the quarter but will suck a$$ on the street!

Im planning on a Novi 2K by years end, and I dont plan on changing out my 4.10s until i build up the rear end (and even then I dont know that I'll change them out). I think if driven properly at the track, you can pull off 4.10s with a centri, just gotta watch that Tach a bit more than you would with 3.73s.

Tractions a bitch w/o a blower, even for guys with 3.73s. Get some DR's and learn to launch with them. :nice:

I think i am going to go with 3.73's and plan for down the line and getting my procharger. I know it wont be as fun now, but i would hate to get no traction. And I'll be on street tires 99% of the time so having a lower gear isnt going to help my situation if i have 4.10's.