Anybody Have a Mini Starter??

RacEoHolic330

I like to dress like a pretty girl
15 Year Member
Mar 4, 2003
Allentown, PA
I bought a mini hi-torque starter from alterstart inc. and they sent me the wrong one. The starter just spun, didn't turn the engine over. When I went to take it off my car I stripped the head of the top bolt so I had to butcher the starter to get it off.

I want to buy a starter from another company that I know will fit and work. My question is who has a mini starter on their 87-93 5-speed 5.0 that acutally fits and works well? And what's the company that makes the starter. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

50mustang001 said:
I want to buy a starter from another company that I know will fit and work. My question is who has a mini starter on their 87-93 5-speed 5.0 that acutally fits and works well? And what's the company that makes the starter. Thanks
I have one......
Ford Motor Company OEM. $45 from the wrecking yard :D

Or, if you want new FoMoCo you can get a new Ford Racing mini starter for around $175 and it comes with the wiring kit. Pretty sure the part number is M-11000-A50...most of the Mustang shops in the magazines keep it on the shelf.

)New! High Torque Mini Starter $89.00 (Lowest price on the planet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New! High torque MiniStarter. Draws less amperage than the stock ones and weighs only 9lbs. It's great for gaining header room and has intergrated selenoid for less amperage draw. $89.00 picked up, $11 shipping anywhere in the US, price is firm!... (Now Starter is available with retro wiring harness to use with exixting fender selenoid for an additional $10.00) Will ship COD for an additional $7.00
[email protected]

they sell em on ebay for 65$ brand new + $14 S&H, same exact one as the ones from PA perf. PMGR mini hight torque's.

work excellent, comes with the extra wire as well

Scott

I just put in a PA unit in my 89! Its sweet! Zinc coated housing, color instructions, wiring and even zip ties. Its really nice to find a complete kit that's new. Do the alterstarts use all new parts?

Funny thing is the Pa one is nicer than the factory mini starter in my 93!

yeah y not just get the right one from alterstart?? they sent u the wrong one, they F*uckd up, it happens. they are pretty reputable. or get teh ones on ebay tht they are selling.. Powermaster is a joke hey are overpriced and crap quality. how are teh ones off ebay??

and does anybody know how alterstarts alternators are??

Did you follow the wiring directions? The way to wire the starter and solenoid is completely different than OEM. If you put anything out of place it will just spin and not kick back/up in order to engage the flywheel.

Tell us how you wired it!