Anybody have *Nice* Interior Pics? CF? Painted interior? or something else?Need IDEAS

• Sponsors (?)

TTT. I'm interested in doing this with my car. I have an 04 DSG with the charcoal interior. I'm not sure how doing exterior color trim will look in a half black half grey interior, but I figure if I don't like it I can always go with IUP silver on the trim and it'll match my billet.

DSC00008.JPG

I like the Direct TV dish on your hood

Attachments

• DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 86

Lightblade, how's your white steering wheel looking these days? I dyed mine with duplicolor, prepped the hell out of it too. Almost immediatly, it started to peel. Blowing the horn didn't help it either. And once the winter hit, (vegas winter (a joke)), the edges all around peeled. So If yours is still looking like it does in the pic, how'd you pull it off?

Well once you get the 2 bezels off (the red ones in the pic above), there's either 1 or 2 screws to take out. Also make sure you take out the plastic fastener on the front side of the panel. After that, you pull up and out. Don't go too far too fast though. I remember on my 94, the drivers door had the one touch mudule fastened to the panel.

These are pics from my V6, which I took so I can sell the thing. Since we're on the subject of interiors...

Incase you're wondering, the head gaskets blew before I could swap the seats out, which is why the turd grey ones are still there. I was gonna go with white and blue leather, or white leather with blue piping or stitching. Oh well...

INTA1.jpg

INTA4.jpg

INTB01.jpg

INTB03.jpg

INTB10.jpg

INTB13.jpg

INTB12.jpg

Attachments

• INTA1.jpg
    INTA1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 94
  • INTA4.jpg
    INTA4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 81
  • INTB01.jpg
    INTB01.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 85
  • INTB03.jpg
    INTB03.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 82
  • INTB10.jpg
    INTB10.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 84
  • INTB13.jpg
    INTB13.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 87
  • INTB12.jpg
    INTB12.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 88
What color is your interior? That might help us help you.

For mine i just pulled the entire interior and cleaned everything. Refinished some of the plastic parts in the same color. The only thing I did which made a huge difference to mine is switched to Black carpet from Tan. Adding to the already factory Two tone interior.
I am switching to Black racing seats and a Black FR500 steering wheel and that's all that will be done.
View attachment 363509
View attachment 363511

These are pics from my V6, which I took so I can sell the thing. Since we're on the subject of interiors...

Incase you're wondering, the head gaskets blew before I could swap the seats out, which is why the turd grey ones are still there. I was gonna go with white and blue leather, or white leather with blue piping or stitching. Oh well...

INTA1.jpg

INTA4.jpg

INTB01.jpg

INTB03.jpg

INTB10.jpg

INTB13.jpg

INTB12.jpg

My god man thats sexy!!!! :jaw: I bet its a bitch trying to keep all that white clean.

Attachments

• INTA1.jpg
    INTA1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 87
  • INTA4.jpg
    INTA4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 77
  • INTB03.jpg
    INTB03.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 84
  • INTB01.jpg
    INTB01.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 82
  • INTB10.jpg
    INTB10.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 87
  • INTB13.jpg
    INTB13.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
  • INTB12.jpg
    INTB12.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 83
What products did you use on the vinyl/plastic? How long has it held up and is it durable/cleanable?

You paint the window switch bezel or purchase it? :shrug:

Both door switch bezels were worn out, with some broken clips. I ordered new ones from 50resto, but they came in black. I painted everything with Duplicolor paint or dye. Dye for the white part of the dash, and paint for everything else. All black you see on the doors and dash is stock. The duplicolor holds up great, for the most part. Maybe once a year you'll have to touch up 3 or 4 tiny areas with a brush. However, the duplicolor does not hold up at all on the seatbelt clips. If you do the same with your car, DO NOT use the regular duplicolor paint for that part. Also, steering wheel gave me problems. If I had it my way, that thing would be white, but the white duplicolor dye kept peeling. I have no idea why it held up on the passenger's airbag, but not drivers. The black steering wheel and airbag you see was bought later on off ebay.

Here is a message I got from lightblade about his white wheel.

ME
What's up. I was just wondering how your white steering wheel is looking these days? I dyed mine with duplicolor, prepped the hell out of it too. Almost immediatly, it started to peel. Blowing the horn didn't help it either. And once the winter hit, (vegas winter (a joke)), the edges all around peeled. So If yours is still looking like it does in the pic you posted, how'd you pull it off?

Lightblade
Sanded the steering wheel, primed, painted 4 coats of krylon fusion white. then used a clear spray sealant, then put armorall on it on a weekly basis, never had a problem with it peeling, still looked great the day i sold the car ( had it painted for about 2 years)

I was just interested in dying my door panels along with the kick panels black as I plan on putting in black carpet. I used Krylon Fusion on my window switch bezel and it has held up nicely. Krylon Fusion seems to be good when it comes to that.