Anybody have *Nice* Interior Pics? CF? Painted interior? or something else?Need IDEAS

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by derek02gt, Sep 9, 2005.

1. myponyrocks

myponyrocks I have more billet on the Stang than most women ha

the center piece is UPR the Steeda ring is going possibly, its pure trash, I'm gonna replace it with MGW.

The Shifter is FRPP ;)

2. astronut1885

astronut1885 Founding Member

TTT. I'm interested in doing this with my car. I have an 04 DSG with the charcoal interior. I'm not sure how doing exterior color trim will look in a half black half grey interior, but I figure if I don't like it I can always go with IUP silver on the trim and it'll match my billet.

3. StangYellow

StangYellow Founding Member

I like the Direct TV dish on your hood

4. me27821

me27821 Member

Lightblade, how's your white steering wheel looking these days? I dyed mine with duplicolor, prepped the hell out of it too. Almost immediatly, it started to peel. Blowing the horn didn't help it either. And once the winter hit, (vegas winter (a joke)), the edges all around peeled. So If yours is still looking like it does in the pic, how'd you pull it off?

5. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

How much did they charge you to cover the headrests in matching leather??

I have a set i want to put on some 99-04 GT seats i'm putting in my 5.0 LX.

6. GitDat

GitDat Founding Member

7. jamesdean2020

jamesdean2020 New Member

Those seats are badass. What kind are they and where can I get some???????? :D

8. jamesdean2020

jamesdean2020 New Member

I REAAAAAAAAAAALLY like those seats!!!!!

9. astronut1885

astronut1885 Founding Member

Ditto on the seats.

OK- stupid question time...how do you get the door panels off the door? Do they just pop off like the radio trim? I tried pulling them, but didn't want to break anything.

10. me27821

me27821 Member

Well once you get the 2 bezels off (the red ones in the pic above), there's either 1 or 2 screws to take out. Also make sure you take out the plastic fastener on the front side of the panel. After that, you pull up and out. Don't go too far too fast though. I remember on my 94, the drivers door had the one touch mudule fastened to the panel.

11. me27821

me27821 Member

These are pics from my V6, which I took so I can sell the thing. Since we're on the subject of interiors...

Incase you're wondering, the head gaskets blew before I could swap the seats out, which is why the turd grey ones are still there. I was gonna go with white and blue leather, or white leather with blue piping or stitching. Oh well...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. d98gt

d98gt Founding Member

What products did you use on the vinyl/plastic? How long has it held up and is it durable/cleanable?

You paint the window switch bezel or purchase it? :shrug:

13. flyboy86

flyboy86 New Member

wow, thats just a little bit too much for me, but i can respect the craftsman ship that went into it. Looks like you really did a good job.

14. 1992 2.3LX

1992 2.3LX New Member

What color is your interior? That might help us help you.

For mine i just pulled the entire interior and cleaned everything. Refinished some of the plastic parts in the same color. The only thing I did which made a huge difference to mine is switched to Black carpet from Tan. Adding to the already factory Two tone interior.
    I am switching to Black racing seats and a Black FR500 steering wheel and that's all that will be done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. T-Sho

T-Sho New Member

My god man thats sexy!!!! :jaw: I bet its a **** trying to keep all that white clean.

16. V_Eight

V_Eight Founding Member

GlasUrit paint:
    [​IMG]

(pardon the temp. shift boot)

17. 02LaserRed2V

02LaserRed2V New Member

Nothing really custom here. Just replaced a few stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. superstang01

superstang01 Member

thats hwo i liek them done...clean and simple......i envy your interior:nice:

19. me27821

me27821 Member

Both door switch bezels were worn out, with some broken clips. I ordered new ones from 50resto, but they came in black. I painted everything with Duplicolor paint or dye. Dye for the white part of the dash, and paint for everything else. All black you see on the doors and dash is stock. The duplicolor holds up great, for the most part. Maybe once a year you'll have to touch up 3 or 4 tiny areas with a brush. However, the duplicolor does not hold up at all on the seatbelt clips. If you do the same with your car, DO NOT use the regular duplicolor paint for that part. Also, steering wheel gave me problems. If I had it my way, that thing would be white, but the white duplicolor dye kept peeling. I have no idea why it held up on the passenger's airbag, but not drivers. The black steering wheel and airbag you see was bought later on off ebay.

Here is a message I got from lightblade about his white wheel.

ME
    What's up. I was just wondering how your white steering wheel is looking these days? I dyed mine with duplicolor, prepped the hell out of it too. Almost immediatly, it started to peel. Blowing the horn didn't help it either. And once the winter hit, (vegas winter (a joke)), the edges all around peeled. So If yours is still looking like it does in the pic you posted, how'd you pull it off?

Lightblade
    Sanded the steering wheel, primed, painted 4 coats of krylon fusion white. then used a clear spray sealant, then put armorall on it on a weekly basis, never had a problem with it peeling, still looked great the day i sold the car ( had it painted for about 2 years)

20. d98gt

d98gt Founding Member

I was just interested in dying my door panels along with the kick panels black as I plan on putting in black carpet. I used Krylon Fusion on my window switch bezel and it has held up nicely. Krylon Fusion seems to be good when it comes to that.