Anybody heard anything about this carb style EFI?

• Sponsors (?)

That is an old pic, same old pics posted on here awhile back. The car is at my friends shop about 4hrs away. I will be sure to post up pics when I get it back. The Richmond 6spd is in and I am ordering the Retrotek kit and a custom stainless gas tank. Other mods are cosmetic, most of the polished alum under the hood will be black anodized, I am thinking of also doing the block in satin black.

Thanks for the compliment.

That is an old pic, same old pics posted on here awhile back. The car is at my friends shop about 4hrs away. I will be sure to post up pics when I get it back. The Richmond 6spd is in and I am ordering the Retrotek kit and a custom stainless gas tank. Other mods are cosmetic, most of the polished alum under the hood will be black anodized, I am thinking of also doing the block in satin black.

Thanks for the compliment.

sweet, Frank. can't wait to see the updates. still got the boss 302? how's it coming along? haven't seen anything about it in a while either.

check this out...either retrotek sells to professional products or they copied it..

http://www.hotrodhotline.com/pr/07powerjection/

I actually saw this press release a couple of months ago at Mopac in Calgary, Alberta, a large well know speed shop. The guy at the counter said the press release just showed up there the day before and he didn't know anything about it. I told him I was interested in it so he phoned right down to the company and they told him it wouldn't be available for at least six to eight months.
I sure agree that it looks and sounds identical to the Boss efi unit, except for the company name on the ends of the injector covers. I wonder how it will be priced?
David

funny thing is the powerjection offers diecast and billet versions which retrotek doesnt also I looked on the professional products website and they are offering port injection systems with the same computer and their hurricane efi intake, retro tek doesn't even show port efi systems. I'm wondering if retrotek licensed PP to make them or they just ripped off the idea like they do with their intakes......

if you download the flyer on the pro-products page the first pic that shows up of the EFI system is straight from the retro tek site, the port efi throttle bodies are also the same ones on the retrotek site only the pro-products system is setup with an intake and fuel rails, etc where the retrotek system isn't, at least they don't show a complete system yet but i did read somewhere they are working on one.

i'm not sure what to think about all this. i don't know if the PP stuff is a blatant rip-off of the retrotek stuff including the pics on their site or if retrotek is a division of PP or they just licensed their products to PP or what. something's goofy though i know that.

funny thing is the powerjection offers diecast and billet versions which retrotek doesnt also I looked on the professional products website and they are offering port injection systems with the same computer and their hurricane efi intake, retro tek doesn't even show port efi systems. I'm wondering if retrotek licensed PP to make them or they just ripped off the idea like they do with their intakes......

When I spoke with Retrotek he said he had a die cast version on the way in early 2008. If you read their site they actually do have port systems as well. The PP thing has to be a cooperative private label deal.

The Boss 302 is at the same place, sale pending. :(

awww now that sucks, i really liked that car. i guess the proceeds will be going to the b-351 then? or are you going to get something else? my 69 GT coupe will be on the market soon as well, so we can finally buy a home of our own, i just hope it goes to someone will appreciate it and own as long as i've owned it

pro-products is in cahoots with retrotek:

"Greetings and welcome, Brian

Thank you for your interest in our new PowerJection EFI throttle body and direct port EFI conversion kits.

We are really excited to announce that our new PowerJection systems will be released and available really soon in early 2008.

We are developing these kits in conjunction with our partners from RETROTEKSPEED in Corona, CA phone # 951-737-2006.

For immediate pricing and availability please visit www.retrotekspeed.com or call them at # 951-737-2006.

Here at Professional-Products warehouse we should have pricing and availability here in the next 60-90 days.

For a dealer in your 61107 Rockford, Illinois area you can also contact below:

C & J Speed and Custom in Chicago, IL phone# 815-625-2031

Winners Circle in Joliet, IL phone# 815-727-6331

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns,

Ernesto Garcia

Professional-Products.com
Customer Service, Ext. #1266 "

which may not be a good omen for this retrotek stuff if PP is helping them develop it :(

it sounds to me like Pro-Products is just going to be a distributor of the Retro-tek line. in any case i'm not entirely sure that PP is all that bad a company. it looks to me that they are only distributing other product lines, such as retrotek efi, etc. there are a ton of companies that sell pro-produts dampers and etc. so i think somehow i think they've gotten associated with the Pro-Comp line of stuff.

actually pro-products makes lots of knock off chineese copies of edelbrock,weiand,frpp ect...... they do have some of their own designs or variants of others designs, they used to make really crappy stuff and some still is but their quality has got better over the years. looking at Retroteks website I see they use some components made by PP like their regulators, I think maybe the boss efi is a joint venture or another way to sell them. I think maybe as PP makes intakes,fuel rails,regulators and alike retrotek is working with them, actually some of their intakes are pretty good, their hurricane int, a vic jr knockoff with a rear water crossover is a good piece when ported it can out flow a vic jr ported and it is just a hair lower profile so it can fit better under tight hoods. I run a typhoon on my 408 and compared to my rpm it's a nice piece for as cheap as it was.