anybody in MD know anything about stereos

5.0vert

May 10, 2004
bethesda md
aight a buddy of mine had another buddy of mine install a head unit and wire it for an amp the car is a 92 lx and ever since the head unit and wiring for amp was installed the battery keeps dyin any help would be great
s/n on aim is stangruns11s

• Sponsors (?)

5.0vert said:
aight a buddy of mine had another buddy of mine install a head unit and wire it for an amp the car is a 92 lx and ever since the head unit and wiring for amp was installed the battery keeps dyin any help would be great
s/n on aim is stangruns11s

make sure the fuse is out of the amp wiring and the head unit doesn't stay on when the car is off.....
all i can think of....unless u just need another battery...or worse....alternator...

VPStang said:
make sure the fuse is out of the amp wiring and the head unit doesn't stay on when the car is off.....
all i can think of....unless u just need another battery...or worse....alternator...

this is my car, i just got a stangnet account, i checked the battery with a tester the first day, it read 14. then i checked it the second day, and it said 12. does that mean that the alternator is going bad?

A battery dying like that usually means that there is a circuit in the car that remains on (closed). I would check to see if the deck remains on while the car remains off (and not in ACC either). Also check the grounds on the amp. I had an amp once with a bad ground and so the remaining power in the amp kept it on all the time (rare).
If it is the deck that remains on all the time then the red wire on the deck is hooked up to the wrong wire in the car. Hit me back with the conclusion.