Anybody other then BBK make an offroad H-pipe? I heard of problems with them!

• Sponsors (?)

PROBLEM

I called 50resto today to order the Mac Offroad H-pipe and they said that there is a back order on them and they don't know how long it will be... I search online and i can't find anybody else who sells the same Mac H-pipe.... Somebody i'm sure has one in stock!!. I don't want to be forced to buy the Summit Store Brand H-pipe! Any help guys?!?!

Again, go with the Jeg's H-pipe. Unless the MAC H is stainless, there's nothing about it that warrants it being more expensive than the Jeg's H-pipe. The Jeg's H has 3-piece construction to it like the MAC pipe, so fitment isn't an issue, and it's only just a bit over $100. If you just want the black painted finish, you could always just buy a rattle-can of high-temp paint and do the Jeg's H up the same way. :D

The Summit one, last time I looked, was only a 2-piece deal with the center section of the H being the part that you clamp together. Not terrible, but not a very good design either, IMO. :notnice:

I looked it up and it says its a 2-piece... :shrug:

JEGS Mustang Off-Road H-Pipe Kits - JEGS

Again, go with the Jeg's H-pipe. Unless the MAC H is stainless, there's nothing about it that warrants it being more expensive than the Jeg's H-pipe. The Jeg's H has 3-piece construction to it like the MAC pipe, so fitment isn't an issue, and it's only just a bit over $100. If you just want the black painted finish, you could always just buy a rattle-can of high-temp paint and do the Jeg's H up the same way. :D

The Summit one, last time I looked, was only a 2-piece deal with the center section of the H being the part that you clamp together. Not terrible, but not a very good design either, IMO. :notnice:

The one I mentioned from Mustangs Unlimited is definitely stainless steel. It is 'only' the 409 variety, which is a lesser grade than the 304, but it is stainless, nonetheless and will not rust!

As for H-pipes being "garbage for power" is a total BS and untrue statement. A true statement is that X -pipes make 2-3 more HP, but they are total garbage for sound! If you want your car to sound like a classic musclecar, get an H pipe. If you want your car to sound more like a modern raspy tuner car get the X pipe. If you think you will notice the difference in HP, get a new car!

H-Pipe > X-Pipe all day long...

I've searched Mustangs unlimited and have not yet found anything they sell that is stainless steel...

Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories

The one I mentioned from Mustangs Unlimited is definitely stainless steel. It is 'only' the 409 variety, which is a lesser grade than the 304, but it is stainless, nonetheless and will not rust!

As for H-pipes being "garbage for power" is a total BS and untrue statement. A true statement is that X -pipes make 2-3 more HP, but they are total garbage for sound! If you want your car to sound like a classic musclecar, get an H pipe. If you want your car to sound more like a modern raspy tuner car get the X pipe. If you think you will notice the difference in HP, get a new car!

H-Pipe > X-Pipe all day long...

PROBLEM

I called 50resto today to order the Mac Offroad H-pipe and they said that there is a back order on them and they don't know how long it will be... I search online and i can't find anybody else who sells the same Mac H-pipe.... Somebody i'm sure has one in stock!!. I don't want to be forced to buy the Summit Store Brand H-pipe! Any help guys?!?!
Summit is the best place, (in my eyes) to buy all parts, so i more than trust their name products, I love the h-pipe I got from them, no prob's at all, took 30 minutes to install and love it. No leaks and fitment was great. Been running it for about 5 months now and no exhaust leaks yet. Exactly what mufflers are you going to run?

got mac o/r h-pipes and have no problems

i got mac off road h-pipes a couple months ago. the guy that installed them said they went on without any trouble. no leaks. they sound tough. i already had bbk shorty headers and flowtech catback exhaust. so far i'm very pleased with the mac pipes

The whole h vs x thing is really is just a matter of personal choice... The performance difference is small.... I think it was mm&ff that did a study a few years ago that showed h pipes made better low rpm power while the x made made better high rpm power but the overall difference was less than 5 hp. If you prefer the sound of an h pipe than go with it. As far as bbk goes, I have their shorty h and long tubes and have no issues with it

Also, here is a great video for those of you who think that x pipes sound better then h pipes or if you think there is no noticable sound difference. Be honest, theres no way you like the x pipe after watching this direct comparision video!!

YouTube - Mustang Exhaust - H VS X Pipe

That SLP exhaust makes everything they're installed on sounds like boats and that Mustang is no exception. A buddy of mine put loudmouths on his C-5 and it sounded just like that GT in the video. Pretty much like garbage unless you're on the water.

I have the MAC H pipe w 2 chamber flows and it is deep, raspy and LOUD.